Enjoy this Easy Coffee Crumb Cake Recipe for breakfast any day of the week. Topped off with a delicious crumble and a touch of cinnamon.
- FOR CAKE:
- ¾ c. unsalted butter, room temperature
- ⅓ c. light brown sugar, packed
- 1 ½ c. sugar
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 ½ tsp. Baking powder
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- ¾ c. sour cream
- 1 ¼ c. milk
- 3 ¾ c. flour
- FOR TOPPING:
- 1 c. sugar
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 1 c. flour
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 6 tbsp. Butter, melted
- FOR FILLING:
- 1 c. light brown sugar, packed
- 1 12/ tbsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and spray a 9X13 casserole pan with non bake spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for the topping (sugar, salt, flour, cinnamon, and melted butter). Use a fork to mix ingredients together until coarse crumbs occur. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, mix ¾ cups butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy; add the salt, baking powder, vanilla extract, and eggs one at a time adding each one until they are well mixed into the batter. Add the sour cream and interchangeably add the flour and milk until batter is smooth and well mixed. Use a spatula and scrap the sides and mix once more.
- Pour half of the batter into the casserole dish and spread evenly. Sprinkle the brown sugar, cinnamon, and unsweetened cocoa powder that has been mixed together over the top of the first half of the batter. Use a butter knife and swirl the cinnamon topping into the cake. Spread the rest of the cake batter on top and smooth with spatula.
- Sprinkle the course crumbs on top of the cake batter and lightly pat into the batter. Bake on medium oven rack for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
- Category: Breakfast