I bet you’ve never baked a brisket before… Why not? Baking the meat in the oven is surprisingly easy. Learn how to bake a beef brisket here.
- 8 lb. Beef Brisket
- 1/4 c. yellow mustard, divided
- 4 tbsp. Liquid smoke, divided
- 6 tbsp. Tony Chachere’s More Seasoning Salt, divided
- 4 c. beef broth
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 5 garlic cloves
- Pour two tablespoons of liquid smoke on both sides of the beef brisket. Use a brush to brush the smoke evenly across the brisket.
- Next, take about 2 tablespoons of yellow mustard and brush on each side of the brisket. Then, liberally season the brisket on both sides with 3 tablespoons of Tony Chachere’s “More Seasoning”. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Remove the brisket from the fridge and allow it to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Place the brisket in a large oven rack, fat side up. Lay the sliced onion around the brisket along with the garlic cloves and pour the beef broth into the pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour per pound. In the case of the size of the brisket I cooked, it took about 8 hours and the internal temperature reached 185 Degrees.
- Once the brisket is cooked. Allow to sit, covered in aluminum foil, for one hour. Once the hour is up, cut against the grain of the brisket and serve.
If you are cooking with BBQ Sauce, you can pour the BBQ sauce over the brisket during the last hour of baking in the oven.
- Prep Time: 9.5 hours
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Category: Main Entree
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: beef brisket made in the oven, tony chachere's recipes, how to coo beef brisket in the oven, beef recipes