- 1 ½ lbs. Ground Beef
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- ½ c. onions, diced
- ½ c. celery, diced
- ½ c. carrots, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 28 oz. Crushed Tomatoes
- ½ c. Red Wine
- ¼ c. chicken stock
- 1 tsp. Red crushed pepper flakes
- 1 lb. spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Parmesan Reggiano Cheese
- Freshly chopped basil
- Cook the pasta until al dente. Before you drain the pasta, reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Once you drain the pasta, pour back in the pasta water, season with a little salt, and cover until ready to serve.
- In a large pot, warm the olive oil on medium high heat and add the onions, celery and carrots. Cook until soft, about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook about 2 minutes. Next, add the ground beef and break the beef into the pot with the veggies. Cook until beef is browned and cook, about 10 minutes. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Drain the beef of excess oil and return back to pot.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and add the wine to the meat sauce and stir. Add the chicken sauce and stir. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Lastly, add the red crushed pepper flakes. Allow the sauce to simmer on low heat for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked pasta to a pasta bowl, ladle the tomato sauce on top of the pasta and top off with grated Parmesan Reggiano and chopped basil.
- Category: Dinner