I’ve created an easy way to make Pasta Bolognese for the pasta lovers. This Easy Pasta Bolognese Recipe is an amazing hearty pasta sauce recipe that will have you coming back for more.
Make this Easy Pasta Bolognese Recipe if you want an easy pasta dish for dinner!
For as long as I could remember, I’ve loved pasta! Or maybe I just love any type of noodle? I’m not sure what it is but I love eating pasta/noodles. For those who may be wondering, I am not a pasta slurper. You know what I’m talking about. You take a bite of pasta and slurp the noodle allowing the sauce to cover your mouth. I only do that if I’m eating pasta alone. I don’t have to be considerate at that point. With this Pasta Bolognese recipe, slurping your pasta will be easy to do.
Now, let’s talk about this Easy Pasta Bolognese Recipe.
I get a bit nostalgic when I am making pasta sauce. As I was chopping the vegetables to make this pasta bolognese, I felt that I was living in a small cottage in Italy. I was completely intoxicated by the aroma of the onions, garlic, ground beef, and red wine. Ahh, the smell of this sauce is absolutely amazing. To make my transformation seem real, I turned on some music by Joao Gilberto and feel in love with cooking in my kitchen all over again.
This has to be the easiest pasta sauce I’ve ever made.
I have never made spaghetti or marinara sauce from scratch. I’ve been told that it takes forever to make both of these sauces. It is on my bucket list of foods that I need to make in my life from scratch. So whenever I decide to tackle either of these sauces, you guys will be the first to read about it. However, when it comes to this Pasta Bolognese recipe, the sauce is pretty simple and quick.
I know traditionally, you serve this Bolognese sauce over spaghetti but spaghetti isn’t one of my favorite kinds of pasta. I like thick and flat pasta noodles like linguine, fettuccine, or pappardelle. In fact, I love pappardelle so much, I made this “Poor Man’s Beef Ragu” dish served over pappardelle pasta. That dish is delicious too, by the way. In any case, I served this sauce over fettuccine and EASILY ate two pasta bowls of this deliciousness.
What is the best way to enjoy this Easy Pasta Bolognese Recipe?
As you are enjoying this pasta dish, the most important element that you MUST add to take this dish to the next level are two things.
- Parmesan Reggiano Cheese
- Finely chopped fresh basil
If you do not add those two ingredients, you will notice that something is missing and will not get the full deliciousness of this dish. I promise. Of course, you’re going to need some delicious crusty garlic bread too. In fact, you can make my Cheesy Garlic Bread recipe or buy a loaf of French Bread, and make my Easy Garlic Spread. This dish is perfect for dinner guests or if you are wanting to impress a significant other. As a matter of fact, for those of you out there scouring the internet for an easy date night dinner, I promise this Pasta Bolognese recipe is perfect to make if you are trying to impress someone!
Customize this dish as much as you want. You don’t have to use spaghetti and you can choose the type of wine you want to use. Whatever you do, when you are in the kitchen and cooking your little heart out, you will feel like you are in that small cottage in Italy, Joao Gilberto will be singing to you in your kitchen, and your heart will fall in love with cooking over and over again.Print
Easy Pasta Bolognese Recipe
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 ½ lbs. Ground Beef
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- ½ c. onions, diced
- ½ c. celery, diced
- ½ c. carrots, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 28 oz. Crushed Tomatoes
- ½ c. Red Wine
- ¼ c. chicken stock
- 1 tsp. Red crushed pepper flakes
- 1 lb. spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Parmesan Reggiano Cheese
- Freshly chopped basil
- Cook the pasta until al dente. Before you drain the pasta, reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Once you drain the pasta, pour back in the pasta water, season with a little salt, and cover until ready to serve.
- In a large pot, warm the olive oil on medium high heat and add the onions, celery and carrots. Cook until soft, about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook about 2 minutes. Next, add the ground beef and break the beef into the pot with the veggies. Cook until beef is browned and cook, about 10 minutes. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Drain the beef of excess oil and return back to pot.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and add the wine to the meat sauce and stir. Add the chicken sauce and stir. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Lastly, add the red crushed pepper flakes. Allow the sauce to simmer on low heat for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked pasta to a pasta bowl, ladle the tomato sauce on top of the pasta and top off with grated Parmesan Reggiano and chopped basil.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Dinner
Leave a Reply