Made with large fluffy and buttery biscuits and layered with creamy whipped topping and sweetened strawberries this Strawberry Shortcake ecipe everyone will love and look forward to every summer!
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tbsp. Baking powder
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ c. shortening, cold
- 4 tbsp. Unsalted butter, cold
- 1 c. buttermilk, cold
- 2 tbsp. Butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. Raw cane sugar
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 pint of strawberries
- 1 ½ tbsp. Sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 8 oz. Extra Creamy Whipped Topping
- Preheat the oven to 425 Degrees. Butter a heavy metal dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and baking soda and whisk together. Cut the shortening and butter up into small pieces and add to the flour mixture. Use a pastry cutter or fork and mix the fat with the flour well until well blended.
- Pour the cold buttermilk in the middle of the flour mixture and use a wooden spoon and stir in well with the flour. The dough will be wet and sticky. Turn to a floured surface and knead a few times until the dough is smooth.
- Roll the dough out until about 1 inch thick. We want thick and large biscuits. Use a large biscuit cutter, about 1 1/2 – 2 inches wide and cut into four large biscuits. Place the biscuits in the heavy metal dish and brush with 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Sprinkle evenly with the raw cane sugar. Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. The tops should be slightly golden.
- Meanwhile, cut the strawberries into half or fourths. Add to a bowl and sprinkle with the sugar and add a pinch of salt. Stir and set the strawberries aside at room temperature for, at least, 30 minutes.
- Add the four tablespoons of butter and honey into a small bowl and heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Once the biscuits have baked, brush with the melted butter mixture to cool at room temperature.
- Cut the biscuit in half and layer with strawberries and some of the syrup and top with the whipped topping. Place the top of the biscuit on top of cream and strawberries and serve.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dessert