This Easy Toffee Bars recipe is made with a buttery shortbread crust and topped with pecans, toffee pieces, and decadent chocolate.
- ¾ c. unsalted butter, room temperature (1 ½ stick)
- ¾ c. light brown sugar
- 1 ½ c. flour
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 c. brown sugar
- ½ c. chopped pecans
- ½ c. toffee pieces
- 2 c. Symphony Chocolate Bar w/ toffee pieces, chopped (or semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and line a 9X13 casserole dish with aluminum foil and spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the softened butter, brown sugar and mix until the sugar and butter has combined. Add the flour and stir together. Use your hands to bring all of the ingredients together until the dough becomes coarse crumbs.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and press into an even layer in the pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 2 sticks of butter on medium-high heat. Add the brown sugar and whisk. Slowly whisk until the mixture comes to a foamy boil and allow to boil for 1-2 minutes while slowly stirring. Pour the sugar mixture on top of the crust and place back in the oven for 7 minutes. Remove from oven.
- While still warm, sprinkle on top the pecans, toffee pieces, and chocolate. Allow to sit for a minute so the chocolate can melt. Spread the chocolate across the bars and allow to sit until the chocolate sets. You can put the bars in the fridge to expedite this process. Cut into squares and serve.
- Category: Dessert