Buttery, Chocolatey, and Decadent. This Easy Toffee Bars Recipe will have you over the moon if you are a chocolate and toffee lover.
Try this Easy Toffee Bars Recipe and give these bars away as gifts for the holidays!
Okay, I have a serious addiction, craving, or whatever you want to call it to toffee. I’m talking toffee flavored anything or anything with toffee in it. I love that burnt butter and sugar flavor. It defies logic to me. Whoever came up or discovered toffee, I would love to shake their hand and thank them for giving my life meaning. I do have to be careful about eating the real hard toffee. It’s really bad for my teeth and I like my teeth so I try to limit myself to a very little amount of real toffee.
Although hard toffee isn’t the best for our teeth, these Easy Toffee Bars are a little softer and softens the blow a bit. I’ve made these Toffee bars twice and the second batch came out just as addicting as the first batch. There is a simple shortbread crust made with brown sugar, butter, and flour; then there is an easy toffee layer made with brown sugar and butter; and these bars are topped with pecans, toffee pieces, and chocolate. LOADS OF CHOCOLATE.
How I created this Easy Toffee Bars recipe
First, I wanted a simple recipe. Everything on my blog I always try to make easy and keep you guys in mind in the process. So with these Easy Toffee Bars recipe, I wanted the base to be a buttery crust, so I wanted to make a sweet shortbread crust. Then, I made a quick and easy toffee sauce where I brought to a boil some butter and brown sugar. That sauce gets poured on top of the crust once it has been baked for 10 minutes. Finally, while the toffee sauce is still warm, I sprinkle the pecans and chocolate on the top and as the heat begins to melt the chocolate, I spread the chocolate across the top of the crust and allow the chocolate to set.
It’s that easy!
In the recipe video, you will see the chocolate I used were semi-sweet chocolate chips, which you totally can use. However, in the first round of testing this Easy Toffee Bars recipe I used Symphony Chocolate Bars with toffee pieces for an added toffee flavor and that is my preferred version of using the chocolate. If you have a favorite chocolate candy bar that would make sense for these Toffee Bars, I don’t see the harm in giving them a try.
What you can expect when making this Easy Toffee Bars recipe
I made this recipe twice, so let me say that first. When you make the toffee topping you’re going to see the sugar and the butter won’t come together at first. This is fine because it will. Bring your sugar and butter to a foamy boil because that is what you want. Whisk the mixture as this is happening. Once the mixture has come to a boil, take it off the heat and pour it on the crust. You still may see a little separation of the sugar and butter and that will not ruin the taste of these bars. I want to say that if there are people out there who worry if they did the right thing when making these bars.Print
Easy Toffee Bars Recipe
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 12-24 1x
This Easy Toffee Bars recipe is made with a buttery shortbread crust and topped with pecans, toffee pieces, and decadent chocolate.
- ¾ c. unsalted butter, room temperature (1 ½ stick)
- ¾ c. light brown sugar
- 1 ½ c. flour
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 c. brown sugar
- ½ c. chopped pecans
- ½ c. toffee pieces
- 2 c. Symphony Chocolate Bar w/ toffee pieces, chopped (or semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and line a 9X13 casserole dish with aluminum foil and spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the softened butter, brown sugar and mix until the sugar and butter has combined. Add the flour and stir together. Use your hands to bring all of the ingredients together until the dough becomes coarse crumbs.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and press into an even layer in the pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 2 sticks of butter on medium-high heat. Add the brown sugar and whisk. Slowly whisk until the mixture comes to a foamy boil and allow to boil for 1-2 minutes while slowly stirring. Pour the sugar mixture on top of the crust and place back in the oven for 7 minutes. Remove from oven.
- While still warm, sprinkle on top the pecans, toffee pieces, and chocolate. Allow to sit for a minute so the chocolate can melt. Spread the chocolate across the bars and allow to sit until the chocolate sets. You can put the bars in the fridge to expedite this process. Cut into squares and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Dessert
Leave a Reply