Super easy recipe for Fried Cheesecake. This is an easy dessert recipe that you can make with the kids and serve with a sweet and tart strawberry sauce.
- 24 oz. Cream Cheese
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 15–20 small flour tortillas
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 lb. strawberries, diced
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/8 c. vodka (berry flavored if you have it)
- 1/8 c. water
- 1/8 c. strawberry preserves
- For the sauce: In a medium saucepan, add the strawberries, sugar, vodka, water, and place on low to medium heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Using a potato masher, smash the strawberries while in the saucepan. Add the strawberry preserves and allow to simmer for another 5-7 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, using a handheld mixer or standing mixer mix the cream cheese. Next, combine cream cheese with the sugar and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- On a clean work surface, take a flour tortilla and add about a heaping spoonful and a half of the cream cheese mixture, and spread in the middle of the tortilla. Begin to roll the tortilla away from you; halfway through fold in the sides, and roll to the end of the other side of the tortilla making a roll. Complete the process until all of the cream cheese mixtures are gone. Place in the freezer for one hour.
- In a large skillet on medium heat (make sure it isn’t too high) heat oil. Add a couple of the cheesecake-filled tortillas to the pan seam side up using a slotted spoon to carefully place in the hot oil. Allow frying for 1 minute on each side. Use a slotted spoon to remove from heat once golden brown on both sides. Repeat until all tortillas are cooked.
- Use a pastry brush and brush each tortilla with butter, sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture, and allow to cool before serving. Use the strawberry sauce for dipping.
NOTE: This recipe will also do well if you use egg roll wrappers. Just be sure to have an egg wash to seal the edges of the roll before you deep fry them.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fried cheesecake, cheesecake egg rolls, recipe for fried cheesecake, fried cheesecake recipe, easy, strawberry cheesecake rolls