Green Tea Cupcakes made with matcha for a smooth and subtle green tea flavor. These will be moist and delicious! Perfect for beginners!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons matcha tea
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees: Beat unsalted butter until soft. Add sugar and beat until butter and sugar are well blended and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs and egg yolks one at a time and beat for 30 seconds each. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and add batter to mix well. Mix Matcha with milk (I use soy milk) and combine with the cupcake batter
- Now scoop 1/3cup of the batter into a ready cupcake pan with papers already intact. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Once the cupcakes are finished, let cool and ice as necessary.
- Category: dessert