I came across the idea of Green Tea Cupcake and became immediately curious. So, I looked up a recipe to bake them and I must say…they were AAAMMMMAAAAZZZIIING! The ingredient that gives these cupcakes the green tea flavor is “matcha”. I think its green tea but some how converted into a powdered form. It is awesome for juicing and to put into other meals as well because of the amount of protein that is in a serving. It is also a great alternative to coffee in terms of caffeine. Plus it has a ton of antioxidants! Bonus!
Look at my first somewhat professional food photo of my Green Tea Cupcakes!
Anyways, these Green Tea Cupcakes are wonderful for bridal showers, baby showers, or girlie get together. Or if you want to pretend that you are eating heathy then these are also the perfect cupcakes for you! In fact, you can have a tea party and make Green Tea Cupcakes! Can we say “cute”! I wanted to share my wealth of knowledge with all of you so I posted the recipe and some pictures of the process along the way for those who like visual effects when cooking something new to make sure that you are doing it right, like myself. Enjoy!
Green Tea Cupcakes
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 12 1x
Green Tea Cupcakes made with matcha for a smooth and subtle green tea flavor. These will be moist and delicious! Perfect for beginners!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons matcha tea
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees: Beat unsalted butter until soft. Add sugar and beat until butter and sugar are well blended and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs and egg yolks one at a time and beat for 30 seconds each. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and add batter to mix well. Mix Matcha with milk (I use soy milk) and combine with the cupcake batter
- Now scoop 1/3cup of the batter into a ready cupcake pan with papers already intact. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Once the cupcakes are finished, let cool and ice as necessary.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: dessert
Leave a Reply