This Grilled Pound Cake with Berries dessert recipe is perfect for the summer! The cake is buttery and and moist and the berries ad perfectly sweetened with its own natural flavor.
- 1 lb. Pound Cake
- 4 tbsp. Butter, melted
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 4 oz. blueberries
- 4 oz. raspberries
- 2 tsp. Lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- 8 oz. Whipped Cream
- In a medium sized bowl, add the berries, sprinkle with sugar, add the lemon zest and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Bring a grill pan or rack to medium/ high heat.
- Slice the pound cake and brush on both sides with butter. Grill the cake on both sides for about 1 minute and remove from the grilling pan/rack.
- Plate with 1-2 slices of Grilled Pound Cake, top with 1-2 tablespoons of berry topping, and add a dollop of whipped topping and serve.
- Category: Desserts