This summer try this Grilled Pound Cake with Berries as it is a perfect dessert to enjoy this summer!
How to make Grilled Pound Cake with Berries
The first thing you will want to do is make the berry topping, which is quite easy. All you do is add some sliced strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries in a bowl, sprinkle some sugar on top and wait for the magic to happen. What I mean by waiting for the magic to happen is when you put sugar on berries, they start to release its natural flavor creating its own syrup, if you will. This process is called macerating. In this recipe, I even had some fresh basil and I added that to the berries for an extra pop of flavor. You can do the same or add vanilla bean, mint, or even a touch of a different extract. That is totally up to you.
As far as the pound cake, you can either make a Butter Pound Cake, slice the cake, brush it on both sides with butter, and grill on both sides. Or, you can buy a premade Pound Cake, ( I used Sarah Lee Pound Cake), and continue the process as I just explained. Once you have grilled the pound cake on both sides, you simply top with berry topping and whipped cream! You see, this is one of the easiest yet most delicious desserts you can make.Print
Grilled Pound Cake with Berries
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 6-8 1x
This Grilled Pound Cake with Berries dessert recipe is perfect for the summer! The cake is buttery and and moist and the berries ad perfectly sweetened with its own natural flavor.
- 1 lb. Pound Cake
- 4 tbsp. Butter, melted
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 4 oz. blueberries
- 4 oz. raspberries
- 2 tsp. Lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- 8 oz. Whipped Cream
- In a medium sized bowl, add the berries, sprinkle with sugar, add the lemon zest and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Bring a grill pan or rack to medium/ high heat.
- Slice the pound cake and brush on both sides with butter. Grill the cake on both sides for about 1 minute and remove from the grilling pan/rack.
- Plate with 1-2 slices of Grilled Pound Cake, top with 1-2 tablespoons of berry topping, and add a dollop of whipped topping and serve.
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Category: Desserts
Leave a Reply