This post was sponsored by Better Than Bouillon as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Just because you are a vegan or vegetarian doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the chicken flavor in your dishes! Better Than Bouillon is guaranteed to take the flavor in your dishes to another level.
Throughout my blogging career, I have made vegan and vegetarian dishes. I do not subscribe to either of those diet lifestyles but I do have an appreciation for them. I do make vegetarian and vegan dishes at a time for my family. Not because we are moving in that direction, but because I know how to make food that does not have meat in them, taste just as good as if it does. I have said through my blog that when you make food that is considered “healthy”, or cook with lean cuts of meat such as chicken breast, turkey or pork tenderloin the one thing all of these dishes need is love and TLC. The reason why people don’t try dishes that are considered healthier is that they think it doesn’t have any flavor, can’t taste good or has no soul. Well, I am here to put all of that to rest if you are one of those people.
How I made this Vegetarian Chicken Stock
In order to make this Homemade Vegetarian Chicken Stock, it is really quite simple. All you do is fill a 12-quart pot with 2/3rds of water. Then, you add onions, celery, carrots, some herbs, and about 3 ½ tablespoons of Better Than Bouillon Vegetarian Chicken Base. Allow it to simmer for a couple of hours (the longer the better), and I promise you will be surprised as to how closely it tastes like real chicken stock. Like, seriously! I was surprised. You can add more flavor base if you want a stronger chicken base flavor, but I thought 3 ½ tablespoons was enough.
- 2 medium onion, cut in half
- 3 carrots, cut into chunks
- 3 celery stalks and the leaves, cut into chunks
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 7 sprigs of parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp. Dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. Kosher salt
- 2 tsp. Black pepper
- 3 ½ tbsp. Better Than Bouillon No Chicken Base
- 1 gallon of water
- Fill a large 12-quart pot with a gallon of water (16 cups). Add salt, pepper, bouillon base, carrots, onions, celery, garlic cloves, herbs and turn heat to medium. Allow simmering for, at least, 1 hour to allow all of the flavors incorporated into the stock. Turn off heat but allow to completely cool while leaving the ingredients in the pot.
- Strain the stock removing the herbs and veggies and store in mason jars until ready to serve. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- This makes 4 32 ounce Mason jars.