Make this Homemade Peach Slab Pie using fresh peaches and made in a baking sheet. This is a perfect dessert that will feed a crowd!
- 2 Premade Pie Crust Rolls
- 5 large ripe peaches, sliced
- 3 tbsp. Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Nutmeg
- 3 tbsp. Cornstarch
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. Coarse white sugar
- Take the sliced peaches and turn them to a medium mixing bowl. Sprinkle with both sugars, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cover in plastic wrap and allow to sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees and spray a large 9X13 rectangular baking sheet with baking spray.
- Using a fine-mesh strainer, Drain the peach liquid into a medium saucepan and place on oven burner on low to medium heat while whisking continuously. Place the peaches to the side. Once the peach liquid begins to thicken, add the peaches, stir and remove from heat. Add the salt and lemon juice and stir once more. Set aside.
- Rollout the pie crust onto a floured surface giving an extra ½ each way and trying to roll into a rectangular shape as well as you can. Place the pie crust dough onto the sprayed baking sheet allowing the excess dough to hang from the sides. Spread the peaches evenly across the baking sheet. Take the other pie crust and repeat the same process of rolling out an extra ½ inch on both ends and forming into a rectangular shape as much as possible. Carefully place on top of the peaches and roll and pinch the excess dough alongside the edges of the baking pan. Use a fork and poke holes across the pie.
- Take the melted butter and brush the top of the pie and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly and serve.
- IDEA: You can also make an icing to go on top of the pie if you want added sweetness.
- Prep Time: 90 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Dessert