Make Homemade Pizza Rolls a perfect week-night dinner option for the family! Just fill with your desired fillings, top with cheese, and bake! For a complete meal, add a side salad!
- 1 can refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 c. pizza sauce
- 2 c. pepperoni
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 2 c. fresh mozzarella cheese or prepackaged (fresh mozzarella is much better)
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Lightly flour your surface. Open the can of pizza dough and lay it out on the floured surface. Once you roll it out, it should already be perfectly rectangular.
- Spread the pizza sauce evenly on the crust leaving about 1 inch of the edges uncovered. Sprinkle the oregano on top of the sauce.
- Begin to place the pepperoni over the sauce. Then spread the mozzarella cheese on top of the pepperoni. With the end of the pizza closest to you, begin to tightly roll the pizza toward the other end of the pizza. Some of the toppings will ooze out; just try to keep it all intact as much as you can.
- Once you have rolled the pizza into a log shape, with a sharp knife, cut the log into 1 1/2 inch thick slices making pizza rolls. You should get about 6 out of the log.
- In a 9 inch round pan or a cookie sheet, spray with nonstick spray. Place each pizza roll on top, and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- While the pizza rolls are baking, in a small bowl take the butter and with a hand grater, if you have one, grate the garlic into the bowl with the butter (if you do not have a hand grater and whatever you have should suffice). Add the oregano and stir in as well.
- Put the butter with the garlic in the microwave for 1 minute and once the butter is completely melted whisk to make sure that the garlic is evenly mixed and not in large chunks in the butter. If you are using unsalted butter you may sprinkle a little salt for added flavor.
- Once the pizza rolls are finished, take a pastry or silicone brush and brush the pizza rolls with the butter and serve!
You can also brush the rolls with a little of the butter before you put them in the oven too.
- Category: Main Dish
Keywords: pizza rolls, homemade pizza rolls, easy pizza rolls, pizza rolls recipe, recipe for pizza rolls