This Hot Fudge Cake recipe is not only economical, but it is also very rich, decadent, and delicious! You won’t believe your tastebuds!
- 1 box Devil’s Food Chocolate Cake mix (including the necessary ingredients egg, water, oil)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 c. shortening
- 6 c. powdered sugar
- 2 ½ tbsp. Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. Salt
- Hot fudge sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and spray a 9X13 rectangular casserole dish with non-stick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chocolate cake mix along with the required contents as instructed on the box (i.e. water, eggs, and oil). Pour in the prepared casserole dish and bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick can be inserted in the middle of the cake and comes out clean. Once finished, turn to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- In a separate email, blend together the butter and shortening. Slowly mix in 1 cup of powdered sugar until well mixed. Add the vanilla extract and salt.
- Use a serrated knife and slice the cake in half. Place the bottom half of the cake back into the casserole/cake dish; use a rubber spatula and spread the cream filling onto the bottom half of the cake; place the top of the cake on top of the cream, and place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or until ready to serve. Cut into desired square pieces and pour hot fudge sauce on each serving.
- Category: Dessert