This Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken Breast is stuffed with cream cheese, Monterrey Jack Cheese, diced jalapeño, and simmered in a delicious cream sauce.
- 4 boneless chicken breast
- 7.5 oz. chive and green onion cream cheese softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 c. Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 1/3 c. jalapeno peppers, diced and deseeded (about 3 small jalapeno peppers)
- 1 c. flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 c. plain bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. garlic, chopped
- 2 c.heavy cream
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Make a slit in the middle of each of the chicken breasts, about an inch long. You don’t want to make the slit too long where it will split the chicken breast. just long enough to make a pocket in the middle of the breast. Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, use a wooden spoon and stir both cream cheeses until creamy and smooth. Add the Monterrey Jack cheese and diced jalapeno peppers and stir until well combined.
- With your hands, take a generous amount of the cheese mixture and stuff it inside of each chicken breast. It’s okay if you over stuff the chicken a little just make sure each breast has the same amount of chicken.
- Now that the chicken breasts are stuffed, use a couple toothpicks to stick through the open part of the chicken breast to secure the cheese mixture.
- In separate plates, lay out the flour and bread crumbs or flour. Place the whisked eggs in a shallow bowl or plate. Take each chicken breast and coat with the flour first, the egg, and then the bread crumbs. Make sure that each chicken breast is evenly coated with each addition.
- Once coated, place a large saute pan on the stove with medium high heat, drizzle the pan and add the veggie oil. One the oil is heated add each chicken breast fto the pan for 3-5 minutes on each side until golden brown and place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place inside the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- To make the sauce, clean out the shallow pan you used to cook the chicken. On medium heat, melt the butter. One melted, add the garlic and cook just until fragrant. Add the heavy cream, lemon juice, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and bring to a simmer. Once it begins to simmer, add the parmesan cheese and stir until dissolved into the cream.
- Add the chicken to the cream sauce and use a spoon to cover the chicken with the cream sauce. Cover wthith lid and allow to simmer until ready to serve on low heat.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Entree