This Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken Breast is stuffed with cream cheese, Monterrey Jack Cheese, diced jalapeño, and simmered in a delicious cream sauce.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 7.5 oz. chive and green onion cream cheese softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 c. Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 1/3 c. jalapeno peppers, diced and deseeded (about 3 small jalapeno peppers)
- 1 c. flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 c. plain bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. garlic, chopped
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Make a slit in the middle of each chicken breast, about an inch long. You don’t want to make the slit too long, where it will split the chicken breast. just long enough to make a pocket in the middle of the breast. Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper, inside and out.
- In a small bowl, use a wooden spoon and stir both of the softened cream cheese until creamy and combined. Add the Monterrey Jack cheese and diced jalapeno peppers and stir until well combined.
- With your hands, take a generous amount of the cheese mixture and stuff it inside each chicken breast. It’s okay if you overstuff the chicken a little just make sure each breast has the same amount of chicken.
- Now that the chicken breasts are stuffed use a couple of toothpicks to stick through the open part of the chicken breast to secure the cheese mixture.
- Lay the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in separate shallow dishes. Take each chicken breast and coat it with the flour first, the egg, and then the bread crumbs. Make sure that each chicken breast is evenly coated with each addition.
- Once coated, place a large skillet on the stove with medium-high heat, and add the veggie oil. Once the oil is heated, add each chicken breast to the pan and cook on each side for 5-7 minutes until golden brown and place on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place inside the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
- To make the sauce, clean the shallow pan you used to cook the chicken. On medium heat, melt the butter. Once melted, add the garlic and cook just until fragrant. Add the heavy cream, lemon juice, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes, and bring to a simmer. Once it simmers, add the parmesan cheese and stir until dissolved into the cream.
- Add the chicken to the cream sauce and use a spoon to cover the chicken with the cream sauce. Cover with a lid and simmer until ready to serve on low heat.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: jalapeno popper stuffed chicken, jalapeno popper chicken, jalapeno stuffed chicken, jalapeno popper chicken keto, jalapeno popper chicken breast, jalapeno cream cheese stuffed chicken, jalapeno cream cheese stuffed chicken breast