This Jalapeno Popper Chicken Breast recipe is filled with cream cheese, diced jalapeño, Monterrey Jack cheese, and cooked until the cheese is perfectly melted. This is not your average chicken breast dinner recipe.
Before I had a family, my “go-to” meal is sautéed or baked chicken breast, steamed vegetables, and brown rice. Sounds like fun, right? Yea I know. Every now and then I may experiment or get a little crazy (and by a little crazy I mean spaghetti and fresh meatballs) with my meals. However, this week I had an urge to get a “little crazy” with my chicken breast and try something different. I was curious as to what it would taste like to have stuffed chicken with jalapeno and cream cheese. Let’s just say curiosity didn’t kill the cat on this one.
This Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken Breast is so good and so easy that you are going to make this and send me a message saying, “Girl, you have lost your mind!” I am going to politely respond to you and say, “I know”. This Jalapeno Stuffed Chicken Breast will rock your chicken breast world!
How to make Jalapeño Stuffed Chicken
You start by making a slit in the side of the chicken breast, making a pocket. Then, you are going to stuff the chicken breast with a cheese mixture of cream cheese, Monterrey Jack cheese, and jalapeno. When I first made this chicken breast recipe I only used regular cream cheese, but this time I used half regular cream cheese and the other half chive and green onion cream cheese. It definitely gave the chicken more flavor. Once I stuffed the chicken with cheese, I coated it in flour, seared it on both sides for a bit, and put it in the oven to finish cooking.
When I made this recipe back in 2013, I didn’t make a cream sauce to go with it. Well, I went back to make this for my family, and this time I did. And I’m so glad I did. I made a simple cream sauce using heavy cream, lemon juice, garlic, basil, and a little parmesan cheese to thicken and I added the chicken breast to the sauce and it came out delicious. What makes it better is when I served it to my family, I made it over some mashed potatoes to soak all of that good creamy goodness.Print
Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
This Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken Breast is stuffed with cream cheese, Monterrey Jack Cheese, diced jalapeño, and simmered in a delicious cream sauce.
- 4 boneless chicken breast
- 7.5 oz. chive and green onion cream cheese softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 c. Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 1/3 c. jalapeno peppers, diced and deseeded (about 3 small jalapeno peppers)
- 1 c. flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 c. plain bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. garlic, chopped
- 2 c.heavy cream
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Make a slit in the middle of each of the chicken breasts, about an inch long. You don’t want to make the slit too long where it will split the chicken breast. just long enough to make a pocket in the middle of the breast. Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, use a wooden spoon and stir both cream cheeses until creamy and smooth. Add the Monterrey Jack cheese and diced jalapeno peppers and stir until well combined.
- With your hands, take a generous amount of the cheese mixture and stuff it inside of each chicken breast. It’s okay if you over stuff the chicken a little just make sure each breast has the same amount of chicken.
- Now that the chicken breasts are stuffed, use a couple toothpicks to stick through the open part of the chicken breast to secure the cheese mixture.
- In separate plates, lay out the flour and bread crumbs or flour. Place the whisked eggs in a shallow bowl or plate. Take each chicken breast and coat with the flour first, the egg, and then the bread crumbs. Make sure that each chicken breast is evenly coated with each addition.
- Once coated, place a large saute pan on the stove with medium high heat, drizzle the pan and add the veggie oil. One the oil is heated add each chicken breast fto the pan for 3-5 minutes on each side until golden brown and place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place inside the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- To make the sauce, clean out the shallow pan you used to cook the chicken. On medium heat, melt the butter. One melted, add the garlic and cook just until fragrant. Add the heavy cream, lemon juice, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and bring to a simmer. Once it begins to simmer, add the parmesan cheese and stir until dissolved into the cream.
- Add the chicken to the cream sauce and use a spoon to cover the chicken with the cream sauce. Cover wthith lid and allow to simmer until ready to serve on low heat.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Entree
Leave a Reply