This Pizza Stuffed Chicken Breast is a perfect low-carb recipe for Keto dieters! It is chicken breast stuffed with mozzarella, pepperoni, or whatever you like on your pizza. This stuffed chicken breast recipe is very versatile and gives you another great option for your chicken breast.
We eat a lot of white meat around here. Especially chicken. I have to be honest with you. It can be difficult coming up with different ways to make chicken breast something you look forward to eating. It can be bland and boring, right? Well somehow, I keep coming up with delicious ways to enjoy chicken breast! One of my continuing popular recipes on my blog is my Stuffed Jalapeno Popper Chicken Breast recipe. Now, I am adding a new keto-friendly recipe to this list.
One of my good friends and her husband have started the Keto diet. If you are human, breathing, and reading this blog post I am sure you have heard of it. It’s everywhere! Keto diet recipes and Instapot recipes are trending in the foodie world. Anyway, back to my friend, she and her husband I have been doing this keto diet thing for a couple of months now and with minimal exercise, they both have lost a total of 40 pounds. Between the two of them within a few months, that’s pretty amazing! So, my husband and I have decided to eat a keto-based dinner for a while to see if we notice a difference.
This recipe is perfect for Keto dieters!
I don’t know much about the keto diet except that it is a very low to a no-carb diet. The biggest difference between the Keto diet and the Paleo diet ( that I can tell) on the paleo diet you can eat fruit. The keto diet you can’t or a very limited portion. I was put on something like the keto diet when I was pregnant because I had gestational diabetes. It was very hard and I do not want to go back to eating like that on purpose. But, I did only gain 20 pounds so there must be something to the diet.
What’s in this stuffed chicken breast recipe?
This chicken breast is stuffed with provolone and mozzarella cheese. If you are using this recipe for your keto diet, you want to make sure you use sugar-free pizza sauce. You then top these chicken breasts off with pizza sauce, fresh mozzarella, and pepperoni. You can sprinkle with red crushed pepper flakes, dried oregano, and grated parmesan. It-was-so-good! My husband loved this easy chicken recipe and it is definitely a family favorite.
What I love about this recipe is you can actually add to it whatever you want! If you want to add sausage, peppers, olives, or even bacon you can! Just think about what you like on a pizza and top and/or stuff your fully cooked chicken breast with those ingredients. You can get as creative as you want.
Commonly asked Questions
You can definitely freeze stuffed chicken breast. If you know you are going to make this dish you will simply stuff the chicken with the cheese, place it in a freezer-safe container, and freeze. When you are ready to cook the chicken breast, you remove them from the freezer and allow them to thaw out at room temperature, and continue to cook as detailed in the recipe.
You can stuff chicken breast with just about anything you want. In this recipe, you can definitely change the cheeses if you want and you can top off the chicken with more than just pepperoni. You can also add sausage, bacon, green peppers, and mushrooms. Pretty much, whatever you like on your pizza you can add to this dish.
It really depends on how you define “healthy” and what you decide to put in the chicken. For those who are following a low-carb diet, this is perfect and healthy in the sense that it a great recipe that goes along with their diet. But you can stuff the chicken with spinach and artichoke hearts with a little cheese; you can also stuff with all peppers, and you can stuff with asparagus and sun-dried tomatoes.
Pizza Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
Add the flavor of pizza to your Pizza Stuffed Chicken Breast. This stuffed chicken breast recipe is a delicious way to enjoy your dinner!
- 4 chicken breast
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 8 Slices Provolone, sliced
- 14 oz. Pizza Sauce, divided
- 3 c. Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 3.5 oz. Sliced Pepperoni
- 1 tbsp. Dried oregano
- ½ tbsp. Red crushed pepper flakes
- 1/2 c. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Slice open the chicken breast making a pocket but still leaving the chicken attached as one piece. Season with salt and pepper on the outside and inside of the chicken breast.
- On medium to high heat, add the olive oil to the pan. Cook the chicken breast on both sides for 7 minutes until chicken is cooked. Rermove from skillet. In the same skillet, add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Pour about ⅓ of the pizza sauce in the pan.
- In the opening of the chicken breast, add the slices of 2 slices of provolone cheese and 2 heaping tablespoons of mozzarella cheese. Also, add a ew slices of pepperoni inside the chicken as well. Repeat this with all chicken breast. PLace the stuffed chicken breast back into the pan on medium heat.
- Cover the chicken breast with the remaining pizza sauce, sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese, and top with slices of pepperoni. Sprinkle with dried oregano, red crushed pepper flakes, and grated parmesan cheese. Cover with lid and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes. Serve once the cheese is melted.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Entree
Leave a Reply