Add the flavor of pizza to your Pizza Stuffed Chicken Breast. This stuffed chicken breast recipe is a delicious way to enjoy your dinner!
- 4 chicken breast
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 8 Slices Provolone, sliced
- 14 oz. Pizza Sauce, divided
- 3 c. Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 3.5 oz. Sliced Pepperoni
- 1 tbsp. Dried oregano
- ½ tbsp. Red crushed pepper flakes
- 1/2 c. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Slice open the chicken breast making a pocket but still leaving the chicken attached as one piece. Season with salt and pepper on the outside and inside of the chicken breast.
- On medium to high heat, add the olive oil to the pan. Cook the chicken breast on both sides for 7 minutes until chicken is cooked. Rermove from skillet. In the same skillet, add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Pour about ⅓ of the pizza sauce in the pan.
- In the opening of the chicken breast, add the slices of 2 slices of provolone cheese and 2 heaping tablespoons of mozzarella cheese. Also, add a ew slices of pepperoni inside the chicken as well. Repeat this with all chicken breast. PLace the stuffed chicken breast back into the pan on medium heat.
- Cover the chicken breast with the remaining pizza sauce, sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese, and top with slices of pepperoni. Sprinkle with dried oregano, red crushed pepper flakes, and grated parmesan cheese. Cover with lid and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes. Serve once the cheese is melted.
- Category: Entree