A homemade banana split has just been made better with the help of a brownie bowl. Make Banana Splits in a Brownie Bowl and add ice cream, sliced bananas, strawberry, and fudge topping, along with a chopped nut topping.
Being a mom has definitely inspired me to look at food differently. I’m always thinking of ways to make a dish more appetizing to my very picky toddler and fun! It has not been easy trying to get him to eat his veggies without them being pureed in a pouch. Nor has it been easy getting his diet to be less carb-heavy and more balanced with protein. The one thing I don’t have to convince him of is when to recognize a good treat when he sees it. So imagine his eyes when he saw his mommy making these Banana Splits in a Brownie Bowl.
Get creative with these Banana Splits
Making these Banana Split in a Brownie Bowl is relatively easy. All you do is make brownies from a box and bake them in a muffin pan. Once the brownies have finished baking, you’re going to allow them to cool. Then you’re going to make a hole in the middle of the brownie and begin to fill it with diced bananas, ice cream, and top it off as you wish. This is a perfect dessert to allow your kids to make as they want.
- Dinner parties
- Bridal showers
- Baby showers
- 1 Brownie Mix Box (including the required contents)
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 2 large bananas, diced
- Hot fudge topping
- Strawberry sundae topping
- Nut topping
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the brownie mix including the instructed measurements of oil, eggs, and water. Mix until smooth. Use an ice cream scooper and scoop the batter into muffin tins evenly. Bake brownies for 20 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Use the bottom of a wooden spoon to a round edge spoon and place in the center of the brownie and move in a circular motion making a large opening for the ice cream being sure not to make a hole in the bottom of the brownie. Allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, take a teaspoon of diced bananas and place in the bottom of the brownie bowl, add a scoop of ice cream, and finally top with a teaspoon of desired topping (hot fudge, caramel, strawberry topping), whipped cream, nut topping, and sprinkles and serve immediately. .