This Lemonade Ice Box Pie is like lemonade in a delicious graham cracker crust. This Lemonade Ice Box Pie is sure to quench your sweet tooth and your summer thirst.
- 1 Premade Graham Cracker Crust
- 2–14 oz. Sweetened Condensed Milk Cans
- 1 1/4 c. lemon juice
- Zest of two lemons
- 8 large egg yolks
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 Degrees and set pie crust on baking sheet.
- In one medium sized bowl, mix together the condensed milk and the lemon juice until well incorporated. Set aside. In a different bowl, add the egg yolks and zest and beat in medium speed until egg yolks are pale slightly thick, about 3-4 minutes. While still using a mixer, slowly pour in the condensed milk mixture to the egg yolk mixture on low speed.
- Once mixtures have combined, pour into the graham cracker crust. Place in the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes or until middle of pie is set, until middle jiggles slightly. Allow to cool at room temperature and then cover with plastic wrap and place inside freezer for 6 hours or overnight.
- To make whipped cream, in a large bowl, pour in the whipped cream and beat on low speed for 1 minute add the vanilla extract and powdered sugar and beat on high until stiff peaks form. Remove pie from freezer and spread whipped cream on top of pie. Garnish with lemon slices or zest. Keep in freezer until ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Dessert