This Lemonade Ice Box Pie is like lemonade in a delicious graham cracker crust. This Lemonade Ice Box Pie is sure to quench your sweet tooth and your summer thirst.
- 1 Premade Graham Cracker Crust
- 2–14 oz. Sweetened Condensed Milk Cans
- 1 1/4 c. lemon juice
- Zest of two lemons
- 8 large egg yolks
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 Degrees and set pie crust on a baking sheet.
- Mix the condensed milk and lemon juice in one medium-sized bowl until well incorporated. Set aside. Add the egg yolks and zest in a different bowl and beat at medium speed until egg yolks are pale and slightly thick, about 3-4 minutes.
- While using a mixer, slowly pour the condensed milk mixture into the egg yolk mixture at low speed.
- Once the mixtures have combined, pour it into the graham cracker crust. Place in the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes or until the middle of the pie is set, until the middle jiggles slightly. Allow to cool at room temperature, then cover with plastic wrap and place inside freezer for 6 hours or overnight.
- To make whipped cream, in a large bowl, pour in the whipped cream and beat on low speed for 1 minute. Add the vanilla extract and powdered sugar and beat on high until stiff peaks form. Remove the pie from the freezer and spread whipped cream on top of the pie.
- Garnish with lemon slices or zest. Keep in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon pie, lemon dessert, lemon summer pie, Lemonade-inspired desserts, Summer dessert recipes