Doesn’t this pie makes you excited for summer?!
This Lemonade Icebox Pie taste like a glass of lemonade in a pie crust.
Things that remind me of summer:
– The smell of BBQ
– swimming pools
– bug spray
There are other things that remind me of summer, but this list are my top choices. I love summer when the heat is just bearable. So my perfect summer day is bright, vibrant blue skies, a few cumulus clouds, birds singing everywhere, the sounds of children outside playing, 82 Degrees, crisp breeze, and 0% humidity. Lovely! I mean that is perfect summer weather right there. Now when it start to get about 85 Degrees and the humidity is acting like it lost its mind then I am super miserable. So miserable that I will stay inside my nice air-conditioned apartment until the Mother Nature decides to no longer be mean. I am not a fun girl when it is hot for no reason outside. We all know what that means, “hot for no reason”. In case you don’t know being “hot for no reason” is just heat without a purpose. You know like it’s so hot that your kids can’t even go outside and play; it’s so hot that when you go outside you immediately find it hard to breathe because the air is so thick with humidity; and its so hot outside that you look outside your window and begin to really feel sorry for your car. You know, like you want to give a glass of water or something. That is what it means to be “hot for no reason”. But FEAR NOT MY FRIENDS. I have the perfect treat that will remedy all the discomfort that comes from unbearable heat. I only have one question to ask you: Do you like lemonade?
Well if you do then this Lemonade Icebox Pie is the perfect summer time dessert for you. I made it this past weekend and took it to a cookout and it was a serious hit! This pie tastes seriously like a glass of homemade lemonade in a graham cracker crust. It is tart and sweet but you have the softness of the whipped cream and the buttery texture and crunch from the crust that just makes this whole thing WORK! I love this Lemonade Icebox Pie and I am not huge into lemon desserts unless they are tart like this pie. If you are wondering the level of tartness I am referring to, think of Lemon Square Bars. That is what I’m talking about. What I love the most about this Lemonade Icebox Pie is how easy it is to make. You probably have most of the ingredients at home and all you need to do is buy a premade graham cracker crust. Unless you want to make your own and that is totally up to you. But if you know you are going to a cookout and need something easy, make this the night before and keep it in the freezer until its time to go! It worked for me, I am sure it will work for you!
Lemonade Ice Box Pie
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
This Lemonade Ice Box Pie is like lemonade in a delicious graham cracker crust. This Lemonade Ice Box Pie is sure to quench your sweet tooth and your summer thirst.
- 1 Premade Graham Cracker Crust
- 2–14 oz. Sweetened Condensed Milk Cans
- 1 1/4 c. lemon juice
- Zest of two lemons
- 8 large egg yolks
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 Degrees and set pie crust on baking sheet.
- In one medium sized bowl, mix together the condensed milk and the lemon juice until well incorporated. Set aside. In a different bowl, add the egg yolks and zest and beat in medium speed until egg yolks are pale slightly thick, about 3-4 minutes. While still using a mixer, slowly pour in the condensed milk mixture to the egg yolk mixture on low speed.
- Once mixtures have combined, pour into the graham cracker crust. Place in the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes or until middle of pie is set, until middle jiggles slightly. Allow to cool at room temperature and then cover with plastic wrap and place inside freezer for 6 hours or overnight.
- To make whipped cream, in a large bowl, pour in the whipped cream and beat on low speed for 1 minute add the vanilla extract and powdered sugar and beat on high until stiff peaks form. Remove pie from freezer and spread whipped cream on top of pie. Garnish with lemon slices or zest. Keep in freezer until ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Dessert
Leave a Reply