This cinnamon roll recipe is made with Pillsbury Hot Roll Mix and topped with a delicious maple glaze and chopped pecans!
- 1–1 lb. box Hot Roll Mix Box
- 1 c. warm water
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 tbsp. unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 c. pecan pieces, divided
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tbsp. maple extract
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- In a large bowl, combine the contents in the Hot Roll Mix and add the water, egg, and 2 tbsp. butter as indicated on the box. Once you have kneaded the dough allow the dough to rest and rise for 30 minutes in a warm area. Once the dough has risen,knead the dough once more about 5 times and roll the dough out onto a floured surface to a rectangle to 15X10 in dimension.
- Spread the 2 tbsp. of butter evenly on top of the dough. Mix the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl and sprinkle on top of the butter. Finally, sprinkle 1/4 cup of the pecan pieces on top of the sugar.
- Starting with the longer side closest you, begin to roll the cinnamon roll dough tightly into a log. Spray or grease a large round pan. Begin to slice the rolls with a sharp knife about 1 inch in width. Place them in the greased pan starting with the outer edge first. Place the rolls in a warm place and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees. Once the cinnamon rolls has doubled in size, bake in the oven for 15 minutes and remove from oven.
- In a large bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, cream, melted butter, maple extract, vanilla extract, and salt. If you need more cream to thin out the icing add a tablespoon at a time. spread the icing on top of the rolls and sprinkle with 1/4 cup pecan pieces.
- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Breakfast