Yea…..I know. I have issues and I need to stop. But these Maple Pecan Cinnamon Rolls are amazing!
These Maple Pecan Cinnamon Rolls are perfect the perfect cinnamon rolls recipe for breakfast!
You will be pleased to know that as soon as these cinnamon rolls came out of the oven and I tasted them and gave them away the same day. There is no way in foodie hell that I could keep these in my reach and not eat the entire pan. I mean….LOOK AT THEM! They taste as good as they look. They really do. I wish I didn’t come up with this recipe because it is so easy that you can make them over and over. But, if I were to do that then every week I would have to start a diet over and over and I will never get anywhere in life. At least, never reach a comfortable weight goal. That is what my husband is going through right now.
You see, my husband really started working hard at losing weight at the beginning of the year. February to be exact. Since then he has lost 35 pounds. I wish I had what he had. Since I had the baby, I just don’t feel like working out. But back to my husband, because I am a blogger and make whatever comes to mind, healthy or not, it doesn’t always benefit him and his current weight loss goals. You can only imagine his reaction when I made these Maple Pecan Cinnamon Rolls. First of all, I have not made these cinnamon rolls in 2-3 years. I am so glad that I haven’t because they are TOO DAMN GOOD! We couldn’t stop picking at these cinnamon rolls. They had to go or he would’ve picked up all of his weight and I would’ve helped him.
I promise, maple, cinnamon, and pecans are the best combination in any form. Especially, when the flavor is smothered on top of warm cinnamons rolls. Oh yeah. There is something about the taste of maple. It is a comforting deep flavor. If it made sense I would add maple to more of my dishes. Now, I’m thinking what else I can add the flavor too. How about something savory? Hmm, maybe I am reaching and thinking too much. Let’s just keep the maple focus on these cinnamon rolls. I gave them away to a co-worker of my husband. He texted him later that night and said how amazing they were! I also think that he ate most of them the same night too. That is something serious because I only allowed myself to have a small piece (not even a half). h well. He’s young and skinny. Yea, he is one of those people that can eat a ton of food and you can’t tell. I can’t stand people like that.
What makes these cinnamon rolls not only delicious but easy is the use of Pillsbury’s Hot Roll Mix. I sometimes get intimidated by making a dough with yeast. I don’t know why I just do! But Pillsbury’s Hot Roll Mix is always a sure thing. The dough rises each and every time. Whereas, there have been times where I have made the dough and it hasn’t always risen. In fact, I have used Pillsbury’s Hot Roll mix in my Bourbon and Pecan Sticky Buns Recipe and Peach Sticky Buns recipe as well. It’s just so easy to use. The mix is perfect for making cinnamon rolls any day. Anyway, this cinnamon roll recipe is perfect for Sunday mornings. They will fill your home with the awesome smell of cinnamon, brown sugar, and maple. Enjoy over coffee or tea and get ready to go right back to bed. These cinnamon rolls are perfection! Soooooo…make them.Print
Maple Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 mins
- Yield: 8-10 1x
This cinnamon roll recipe is made with Pillsbury Hot Roll Mix and topped with a delicious maple glaze and chopped pecans!
- 1–1 lb. box Hot Roll Mix Box
- 1 c. warm water
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 tbsp. unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 c. pecan pieces, divided
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tbsp. maple extract
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- In a large bowl, combine the contents in the Hot Roll Mix and add the water, egg, and 2 tbsp. butter as indicated on the box. Once you have kneaded the dough allow the dough to rest and rise for 30 minutes in a warm area. Once the dough has risen,knead the dough once more about 5 times and roll the dough out onto a floured surface to a rectangle to 15X10 in dimension.
- Spread the 2 tbsp. of butter evenly on top of the dough. Mix the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl and sprinkle on top of the butter. Finally, sprinkle 1/4 cup of the pecan pieces on top of the sugar.
- Starting with the longer side closest you, begin to roll the cinnamon roll dough tightly into a log. Spray or grease a large round pan. Begin to slice the rolls with a sharp knife about 1 inch in width. Place them in the greased pan starting with the outer edge first. Place the rolls in a warm place and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees. Once the cinnamon rolls has doubled in size, bake in the oven for 15 minutes and remove from oven.
- In a large bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, cream, melted butter, maple extract, vanilla extract, and salt. If you need more cream to thin out the icing add a tablespoon at a time. spread the icing on top of the rolls and sprinkle with 1/4 cup pecan pieces.
- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Breakfast
Leave a Reply