This Marble Bundt Cake Recipe is made with the combination of vanilla and chocolate cake and topped with an easy chocolate glaze.
- 2 ½ sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 c. sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tbsp. Vanilla extract
- 3 c. flour
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- 2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. sour cream, room temperature
- ¾ c. whole milk, warm
- 5 tbsp. Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp. Vegetable oil
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chip
- 1 c. milk chocolate chips
- ⅓ c. hot whole milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and liberally spray a bundt cake pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and whisk together. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, add the butter and blend with a handheld mixer or standing mixer. Add the sugar and mix until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl. Continue to add the eggs to the batter.
- Slowly combine the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and begin to pour in the warm milk. Add the sour cream and vanilla extract. Take 2 ½ cups of the cake batter and set aside. In a small bowl, add the cocoa powder and vegetable oil and mix until smooth. Add the cocoa powder mixture into the reserved cake batter. Mix together until well mixed.
- Use an ice cream scoop and scoop the vanilla cake batter into the bottom of the cake pan and add the chocolate cake batter on top of that. Continue to layer the cake batters until they are gone. Use a steak knife and swirl the cake batters together but do not over swirl. Place the bundt cake on a baking sheet to catch any excess cake batter that may fall from baking. Place in the oven and bake for 50-55 minutes. Allow to cool at room temperature for 15 minutes, use a knife and run on the edge of the cake and turn to a cooling rack on serving plate and allow to continue to cool.
- For glaze, place the chocolate chips in a small bowl, and pour over the warm milk. Stir until smooth. Once smooth, add the vanilla extract and allow to sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes and the mixture will begin to thicken. Pour on top of the cake.