Crispy, cheesy, and topped with a whole lot of delicious toppings, these Mexican Crispy Hashbrown Haystacks are the perfect beginning to any morning.
- 2/3 c. sour cream
- 2 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- 2 ½ tsp. Taco Seasoning
- 1 pkg. (3-1/2 cups) refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- ½ c. panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ c. shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 3 tbsp. water
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 5 tbsp. oil, divided
- 6 large eggs
- ½ c. salsa
- 1 c. bacon bits
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ lime
- In a small bowl, add sour cream, green onion, cilantro, and taco seasoning together and stir. Set aside.
- Cut open the avocado and remove the pit. Cut the inside of an avocado and remove it with a spoon discarding the external flesh. Place the cut avocado in a bowl and squeeze lime over the avocado. Season with a little salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add shredded hashbrowns, panko bread crumbs, cheese, water, and salt. Mix together to combine.
- Heat an electric griddle to 350 Degrees. Next, add 2 ½ tablespoons of oil and begin to add the shredded potatoes, ⅔ cup full, and flatten the hashbrowns while keeping the batch together. Continue to cook on each side until golden and crisp, about 5-7 minutes. Next, add oil if and as needed. Remove from heat.
- On the same griddle, heat the other 2 ½ tablespoons of oil, crack and fry the eggs on the griddle. Cook until whites are settled. Continue to cook to your desired outcome.
- Finally, Top each hashstack with an egg, sprinkle with bacon, salsa, avocado, and seasoned sour cream. Garnish with extra green onion and chopped green onion.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Breakfast