These Mini BBQ Pulled Pork Flatbreads are made with a delicious and easy BBQ Sauce and topped off with an easy and creamy coleslaw.
- 1 ½ lb. Pork Tenderloin
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Coarse black pepper
- ½ tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1 ½ tsp. Chilli powder
- 2 tbsp. Light Brown Sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. water
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. BBQ Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 c. coleslaw
- 1 tbsp. Mayo
- 1 tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 c. cheddar cheese
- 6 Round Flatbreads
- Preheat oven 325 Degrees. Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Season the tenderloin on both sides with salt and pepper. Bake in a baking dish for 30-45 minutes, uncovered.
- NOTE: You can also use pre-made or store bought pulled pork as a shortcut or if you have it on hand. Also, you can make the pork a day ahead and keep in an airtight container or plastic bag.
- Once cooked, removed pork from oven and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes. Use a fork and shred the pork. Set aside. Turn oven to 350 Degrees.
- In a medium saute pan on medium heat. Heat the olive oil. Add the diced shallot and begin to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, and stir into the shallots. Add the apple cider vinegar, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, and BBQ Sauce. Stir the ingredients together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Turn the pork to the BBQ Sauce and stir to cover. Allow simmering for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the flatbread round onto a baking sheet. Take about 2 heaping tablespoons of the pulled pork mixture and spread onto the flatbreads. Sprinkle the flatbreads with the cheddar cheese. Bake in oven for about 7-10 minutes, just until the cheese has melted.
- Meanwhile, make the coleslaw. Add the coleslaw mix to a bowl, add the mayo, apple cider vinegar, honey, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss together to mix. Serve on top of the flatbreads or on the side.
- Category: Entree