These Mini BBQ Pulled Pork Flatbread Pizzas are definitely going to be a family favorite. Top these flatbreads off with an easy coleslaw for freshness.
I am a working mom. I have a very typical working lifestyle. Meaning, I work your typical 8-5 shift, pick up my kid from daycare, and come home and try to put something together in an hour or less. My weekdays go by so fast. One resource I have found to be very helpful for me is the use of meal kits, which are very popular these days. I am such a meal kit advocate that I do not know how in the world working moms prior to this meal option survived. I hate the weeks when I don’t have meal kits because it completely throws me off my game.
How I made these Mini BBQ Pulled Pork Flatbread Pizzas
I know this recipe appears to have a lot of ingredients, but I promise you a lot of these ingredients you may already in your cabinets and they repeat. Once I have cooked the pork tenderloin, I made a very simple BBQ Sauce and tossed it in with the pork. Then, I topped some simple flatbreads with the pork mixture, cheese, and baked them for about 10 minutes. I used these flatbread rounds for this recipe. I highly recommend them.
These Mini BBQ Pulled Pork Flatbread Pizzas are a family favorite
These Mini BBQ Pulled Pork Flatbread Pizzas are destined to become a family favorite. What I love about this recipe along with most of my recipes, is it allows you to get creative in the kitchen and you can definitely make most of the elements to this dish a day and get your kids to help as well. This recipe is for all the working parents out there!
- 1 ½ lb. Pork Tenderloin
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Coarse black pepper
- ½ tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1 ½ tsp. Chilli powder
- 2 tbsp. Light Brown Sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. water
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. BBQ Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 c. coleslaw
- 1 tbsp. Mayo
- 1 tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 c. cheddar cheese
- 6 Round Flatbreads
- Preheat oven 325 Degrees. Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Season the tenderloin on both sides with salt and pepper. Bake in a baking dish for 30-45 minutes, uncovered.
- NOTE: You can also use pre-made or store bought pulled pork as a shortcut or if you have it on hand. Also, you can make the pork a day ahead and keep in an airtight container or plastic bag.
- Once cooked, removed pork from oven and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes. Use a fork and shred the pork. Set aside. Turn oven to 350 Degrees.
- In a medium saute pan on medium heat. Heat the olive oil. Add the diced shallot and begin to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, and stir into the shallots. Add the apple cider vinegar, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, and BBQ Sauce. Stir the ingredients together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Turn the pork to the BBQ Sauce and stir to cover. Allow simmering for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the flatbread round onto a baking sheet. Take about 2 heaping tablespoons of the pulled pork mixture and spread onto the flatbreads. Sprinkle the flatbreads with the cheddar cheese. Bake in oven for about 7-10 minutes, just until the cheese has melted.
- Meanwhile, make the coleslaw. Add the coleslaw mix to a bowl, add the mayo, apple cider vinegar, honey, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss together to mix. Serve on top of the flatbreads or on the side.