- 1 3/4 c. flour
- 2 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. hot coffee
- 6 oz. Bag unshelled pistachios
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 5 c. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350: Grease or spray a round bundt cake pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter by using a hand held or standing mixer to mix all ingredients. Add the vanilla extract and slowly pour in the hot coffee while mixing so the coffee doesn’t splash everywhere. The batter should be thin.
- Pour in the bundt cake pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean. Allow to cool int he pan for 10 minutes. Place a cooling rack on top of the bundt cake pan and flip the pan so the cake can come out smooth and continue cooling on the wire rack.
- In a food processor, grind the pistachios until they become very fine crumbs. Cream the butter until creamy, add the powdered sugar a cup at a time. The frosting will be thick at this time and add the milk to loosen up the frosting. Add the pistachios and blend well. Once the cake has completely cooled, frosting the cake to your liking.