These Monster Carmelitas are a combination of flaky pastry, caramel, peanut butter, chocolate candies, and milk chocolate. These tasty treats are a crowd pleaser.
- 1 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 c. light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 1 c. whole-rolled old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 11 oz. Baking Caramel Chews, unwrapped
- 2 heaping spoons of creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. M&M plain chocolate candy
- Preheat the oven to 350 ℉. Line an 8X8 square baking pan with parchment paper and spray with baking spray.
- Add the flour, light brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and old-fashioned oats to a large mixing bowl, and mix with a fork. Pour in the melted butter and the vanilla extract. Mix until combined. Split into half.
- Press half of the mixture into the baking pan and press evenly. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While baking the crust, add the baking caramel chews to a microwavable safe bowl and the heavy cream. Heat to melt every 45 seconds. Stir after each round until completely smooth.
- While the caramel is still warm from the microwave, add the peanut butter and stir into the caramel sauce.
- Once the crust has baked and is golden brown, allow sitting for about 5 minutes. Add the caramel sauce to the crust, and sprinkle chocolate chips and M&M plain chocolate candies on top of the crust. Finally, sprinkle the remaining oat mixture on top. Place bake in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Once the carmelitas have baked, allow the cookie bars to cool completely. Once the pan is cool enough to handle, place it in the fridge to allow the bars to set. Finally, cut into squares and store in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: carmelitas, carmelitas recipe, carmelita cookies,