Have you heard of Carmelitas? Now there’s Monster Carmelitas. This carmelitas recipe is made with chewy caramel, milk chocolate, a touch of peanut butter, and plain M&M’s chocolate candies.
Carmelitas is one of those dessert cookies I always think to make for baking sales, company events, potlucks, or family events. They are easy to make, and I have not had anyone who doesn’t like them yet. They are so damn addictive and irresistible.
When it comes to dishes and baked goods that I just love, I always think of ways to make them more delicious. So, I figured, I like Monster Cookies; why not take that idea and add it to the carmelitas? One of the best ideas I came up with all year.
Ingredients in these Carmelita Bars
The ingredients in this recipe are the same as the typical recipe. For this version, there are a few additions:
- Chewy Caramel Chews
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- Light Brown Sugar
- Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- Unsalted Butter
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- M&M plain chocolate candies
Most of the ingredients for this recipe are common and affordable. You may already have most of them in your cupboard, so you can make these chewy bars immediately.
How to make the Best Carmelitas Recipe
This recipe is easy to make, and I consider it perfect for beginner bakers.
1. You start by making the crust and the topping with flour, sugar, butter, and rolled oats. DON’T FORGET TO SEPARATE THE TOPPING. I can’t tell you how often I’ve forgotten to do this. Half of the mixture will be the crust, and the other half you’ll sprinkle on top.
2. You will then add the filling of melted caramel chews and some creamy peanut butter to that mixture and stir until smooth. Pour that on top of the crust.
3. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and plain M&M’s. Finally, sprinkle the remaining half of the oat crumb mixture on top and bake.
You see, pretty simple.
Commonly Asked Questions
No, I wouldn’t. The recipe wouldn’t be the same, giving a different consistency. The mixture would be a bit looser (if that makes sense).
Yes! You can cut them into small squares and place them in an air-tight container for up to two weeks. To eat them, set them out at room temperature until thawed.
Carmelitas are dessert cookie bars made with milk chocolate chips, chewy caramels, and a simple old-fashion rolled oats crust and topping. For these Monster Carmelitas recipes, add creamy peanut butter and M&M plain candy.
If you like this recipe, you will like the dessert cookie bar recipes below:
- Chocolate Chip Brookie Recipes
- Snicker Toffee Butter Bars
- Browned Butter Caramel Chocolate Chip Bars
- Coconut Caramel Magic Bars
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
These Monster Carmelitas are a combination of flaky pastry, caramel, peanut butter, chocolate candies, and milk chocolate. These tasty treats are a crowd pleaser.
- 1 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 c. light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 1 c. whole-rolled old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 11 oz. Baking Caramel Chews, unwrapped
- 2 heaping spoons of creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. M&M plain chocolate candy
- Preheat the oven to 350 ℉. Line an 8X8 square baking pan with parchment paper and spray with baking spray.
- Add the flour, light brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and old-fashioned oats to a large mixing bowl, and mix with a fork. Pour in the melted butter and the vanilla extract. Mix until combined. Split into half.
- Press half of the mixture into the baking pan and press evenly. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While baking the crust, add the baking caramel chews to a microwavable safe bowl and the heavy cream. Heat to melt every 45 seconds. Stir after each round until completely smooth.
- While the caramel is still warm from the microwave, add the peanut butter and stir into the caramel sauce.
- Once the crust has baked and is golden brown, allow sitting for about 5 minutes. Add the caramel sauce to the crust, and sprinkle chocolate chips and M&M plain chocolate candies on top of the crust. Finally, sprinkle the remaining oat mixture on top. Place bake in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Once the carmelitas have baked, allow the cookie bars to cool completely. Once the pan is cool enough to handle, place it in the fridge to allow the bars to set. Finally, cut into squares and store in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: carmelitas, carmelitas recipe, carmelita cookies,
Leave a Reply