This Brookie recipe is what you get when you merge together Chocolate Chip Cookies and Brownies.
Chocolate Chip Cookies + Brownies = this easy Brookie Recipe!
Doesn’t these Chocolate Chip Brookies look like the perfect mashup of desserts? I’m telling you, I don’t know what is wrong with me. I have a serious fascination with Chocolate Chip Cookies. I mean all you have to do is go through some of the dessert recipes on my blog and you will see what I mean. Let’s see what Chocolate Chip recipe madness I have on my blog,
There may be more but this is what I can think of off the top of my head. I absolutely love Chocolate Chip Cookies. But I am not sure if I love Chocolate Chip Cookies more than I love Brownies. I love me a good Brownie too! Not just any Brownie, but a delicious, moist, and dense Brownie that has the shiny crust on top. I have made brownies from scratch before that taste good but doesn’t have that shiny crust on top and that is an absolute must! I have a nice handful of Brownie recipes on my blog as well. Let’s see,
To name a few. Trust me, I have more.
Although I love them both, there are often times where I have no idea which ttreatsI would prefer to have. Now, this Chocolate Chip Brookie Recipe doesn’t force me to choose! I can have Brownies and Chocolate Chip Cookies in one bite!
All you have to do is make the brownie mix as instructed on the box, make the chocolate chip cookie dough as instructed below, and add dollops of the chocolate chip cookie dough on top of the brownie batter. LET IT BAKE!
This Chocolate Chip Brookie recipe is a great and easy dessert recipe for your company potlucks, summer cookouts, or for a kids party!
- 1 Brownie Mix Box (including required ingredients such as water, oil, and eggs)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 tbsp. Light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 1 ⅛ c. flour
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips, more for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Add aluminum foil to the inside of a 9X13 baking dish, spray with baking spray, set aside.
- Using a large mixing bowl, add the brownie mix and add the required ingredients as instructed on the back of the box. Mix until smooth and well mixed. Pour the brownie mix into the prepared baking dish.
- In a separate mixing bowl, blend with a mixer the butter and both sugars until well mixed. Add the egg, vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt, mix. Finally, add the flour and mix with blender, and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Take dollops of the chocolate chip cookie dough and place evenly on top of the brownie batter. Take about 2 tbsp of chocolate chips and sprinkle on top of the cookie dough. Bake in preheated oven on top rack for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick is inserted into the middle and comes out clean. Allow to cool and cut into squares.