You can never get enough of Brownies. I know its easy to make brownies from a box mix, but I am going to share with you this Easy Brownie Recipe that will make you feel like a true baker.
There are two sweet treats that I love the most in life and those two treats are Chocolate Chip Cookies and Brownies. I LOVE Brownies. Brownies are just one of those treats that you can never just have one (at least I can’t). I am a goner if I get my hands on a Brownie Bite. Because they are so small, I always convince myself that having more than one is not as bad as eating an entire square. Well, that is completely irrelevant when you eat five Brownie Bites…in one sitting! Oh well, in my mind I still did okay.
Making this Easy Brownie recipe is really easy. All you do is melt some chocolate in with some butter. Add some eggs, flour, vanilla extract, and stir that mix until smooth and well mixed. Pour it into an 8X8 pan and you’ve got Brownies. I added some milk chocolate chips to the mix for a balance of unsweetened chocolate and sweetened chocolate. Perfect! You can add walnuts or pecans if you would like.
Recipe partially adapted from The Kitchn
- 6 oz. 56% unsweetened Bakers Chocolate
- 10 tbsp. Unsalted butter
- ⅔ c. sugar
- ½ c. light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- ½ c. flour
- ½ tsp. Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Line an 8X8 square baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with baking spray.
- In a large sauce pot, on medium heat, melted butter and chocolate together. Stir until smooth and remove from heat. Add both sugars and mix well together. Add in the eggs and egg yolk one at a time making sure they are well mixed into the batter. Mix well.
- Add in the flour, vanilla extract, and salt and pour into the baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean. Allow to cool and cut into squares.