Juicy ground turkey meatballs stuffed with melted mozzarella cheese. Baked to perfection, healthy, low-carb, and bursting with Italian flavors!
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 lb. turkey Italian sausage
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 c. bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 medium shallot (or onion), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. Parmesan Reggiano cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. Black pepper
- 12 cubes pieces of fresh mozzarella
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 26 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
- cooked pasta
- Garnish: Fresh chopped parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey and sausage, egg, bread crumbs, oregano, basil leaves, chopped shallots, minced garlic cloves, Parmesan Reggiano cheese, salt, and pepper. With your hands, mix all of the ingredients until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Divide the meat into 12 portions; take a piece of the mozzarella and shape it around the cheese until it forms into a tight ball and set aside. Repeat the same process until all meatballs are formed.
- Take a large saute pan and drizzle with the olive oil on medium heat. Place each of the meatballs inside the pan. Allow to cook for 6-7 minutes on each side.
- Pour in the spaghetti sauce and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Cover with a lid and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes. Serve over hot pasta and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- Prep Time: 12 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: Entree
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: mozzarella stuffed turkey meatballs, cheese stuffed turkey meatballs, turkey stuffed meatballs, turkey mozzarella meatballs, stuffed turkey meatballs, keto mozzarella stuffed turkey meatballs