These No-Bake Chocolate Mousse Bars is everything a chocolate lover would want in a dessert. It requires no baking time, double layers of chocolate, and one smooth decadent bite that’s unforgettable.
- 3 c. crushed chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp. Unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 c. milk chocolate chips
- 3 c. heavy cream, divided
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- In a 9X13 rectangular casserole pan, line with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the crushed chocolate graham crackers and add the melted butter. Stir until evenly distributed and the crumbs look like wet sand. Spread into the bottom of the pan evenly and use the bottom of a measuring cup to press into the pan. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes to chill and become firm.
- NOTE: If you are using Brownie Brittle, you will need two 5 oz. bags to get to three cups of crumbs for the crust. Pulse the brittle in a food processor to make fine crumbs.
- Pour one cup of heavy cream into a small saucepan and bring to steam on low-medium heat. Add the chocolate chips to a separate bowl. Once the cream starts steaming, pour over the chocolate chips and allow to sit for about 2 minutes and begin to stir using a rubber spatula until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Use another large mixing bowl of a stand mixer and add the cream cheese or use a handheld mixer and blend until creamy. Slowly pour in the chocolate ganache in with the cream cheese. Be sure to use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl. Once evenly mixed, set aside.
- Using one more large bowl, add the heavy cream and begin to whisk on medium speed for about 1-2 minutes, once you begin to see soft peaks, add the powdered sugar and turn on high and whisk until stiff peaks form for about 2 minutes. Once the cream has stiff peaks, gently fold the now whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Continue to fold the mixture batches at a time until all ingredients, including the pure vanilla extract, are combined, is a creamy texture and there are no streaks in the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the crust in the prepared pan and spread in an even layer. Place in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours, at least, or until set/firm. Remove the bars from the refrigerator and use a sharp knife to cut them into squares.
- Prep Time: 4 hours 30 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no bake chocolate mousse bars, chocolate mousse bars, chocolate mousse