These No-Bake Chocolate Mousse Bars are everything a chocolate lover would want in a dessert. It requires no baking time, double layers of chocolate, and one smooth decadent bite that’s unforgettable.
If there is anything I love most in this world, aside from my family, is chocolate. Chocolate is one of my absolute favorite things to eat, period! I am typically a milk chocolate person and depending on how dark the dark chocolate is, that would be fine too. In any case, I find chocolate to be simply irresistible and I love just about any chocolate dessert there is. You can tell by some of the recipes on my blog!
- The Best Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Chocolate Covered Almond Clusters
- Easy Chocolate Tarts
- Copycat Hostess Cupcakes
- Chocolate Swiss Cake
Just to name a few! Now, I am adding one more chocolate dessert recipe to the round-up with these No-Bake Chocolate Mousse Bars!
This no-bake chocolate mousse bar recipe is made with a crust of crushed Brownie Brittle. Have you ever had Brownie Brittle? If you haven’t you don’t know what you are missing. It is one of the best and most addicting snacks I’ve ever encountered. Anyway, if you don’t have Brownie Brittle, then you can use chocolate graham crackers to make your crust. Oh, did I mention you don’t even have to bake the crust? Nope! Nothing in this recipe requires baking.
Once you have your crust together, you combine some chocolate ganache with more heavy cream and cream cheese that helps to firm up these bars, and that is it! All you have to do is put it in the refrigerator and wait for the bars to set, which can take about 2-4 hours, at least. I told you it was easy!
What I love about this recipe, like most of my recipes, is how versatile this recipe really is! Once you have made these No-Bake Chocolate Mousse Bars, you can drizzle with chocolate or white chocolate, as I did in the picture, or you can even sprinkle mini chocolate chips as soon as you spread the chocolate filling on the crust! It is your world!
That is what I love about this no-bake dessert recipe. So, keep this recipe in mind, especially during the summer, when you don’t feel like turning on your oven but you want to make something that you can really sink your teeth into. These Chocolate Mousse Bars will definitely do the trick!
Commonly Asked Questions
There are many versions of chocolate mousse, but I prefer to keep this recipe as simple as possible. For this recipe, the chocolate mousse consists of cream cheese, heavy cream, chocolate, and powdered sugar.
No. That is the good thing about this recipe is that there are no eggs needed.
No-Bake Chocolate Mousse Bars
- Total Time: 4 hours 30 mins
- Yield: 16 1x
These No-Bake Chocolate Mousse Bars is everything a chocolate lover would want in a dessert. It requires no baking time, double layers of chocolate, and one smooth decadent bite that’s unforgettable.
- 3 c. crushed chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp. Unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 c. milk chocolate chips
- 3 c. heavy cream, divided
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- In a 9X13 rectangular casserole pan, line with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the crushed chocolate graham crackers and add the melted butter. Stir until evenly distributed and the crumbs look like wet sand. Spread into the bottom of the pan evenly and use the bottom of a measuring cup to press into the pan. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes to chill and become firm.
- NOTE: If you are using Brownie Brittle, you will need two 5 oz. bags to get to three cups of crumbs for the crust. Pulse the brittle in a food processor to make fine crumbs.
- Pour one cup of heavy cream into a small saucepan and bring to steam on low-medium heat. Add the chocolate chips to a separate bowl.
- Once the cream starts steaming, pour over the chocolate chips, allow to sit for about 2 minutes, and stir using a rubber spatula until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Use another large mixing bowl of a stand mixer and add the cream cheese or use a handheld mixer and blend until creamy. Slowly pour in the chocolate ganache in with the cream cheese. Be sure to use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl. Once evenly mixed, set aside.
- Using one more large bowl, add the remaining 2 cups of heavy cream and begin to whisk on medium speed for about 1-2 minutes; once you see soft peaks, add the powdered sugar and turn on high and whisk until stiff peaks form for about 2 minutes.
- Once the cream has stiff peaks, gently fold the now whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Continue to fold the mixture batches at a time until all ingredients, including the pure vanilla extract, are combined, is a creamy texture, and there are no streaks in the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the chocolate mixture in the prepared pan over the crust and spread in an even layer. Place in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours, at least, or until set/firm. Remove the bars from the refrigerator and cut them into squares with a sharp knife.
- Prep Time: 4 hours 30 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no bake chocolate mousse bars, chocolate mousse bars, chocolate mousse
Leave a Reply