This post may contain affiliate links.
You won’t believe how easy and simple it is to make this chocolate tart. Topped with fresh whipped cream and mixed berries, this is the Easiest Chocolate Tart Recipe there is!
I have always been intimidated by making tarts. They just look so beautiful and fancy and I never thought that I would make a tart they would like the way I see them in bakeries. I decided to get over myself and give tart making a try. I thought it would be super hard to make a tart, but this is definitely the Easiest Chocolate Tart recipe and a perfect tart recipe for beginners. Especially if you are looking for a Valentine’s Day dessert recipe to make for someone special.
How to make this Chocolate Tart Recipe
This chocolate tart can be made with all dark chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, or milk chocolate. For me, I used mostly milk chocolate and added 2 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate so the tarts aren’t too sweet from the milk chocolate. I used Cadbury Milk Chocolate bars in the candy section of the grocery store and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Once the heavy cream hits the chocolate, it’s all just going to milk into the silkiest chocolate filling that you’ve ever seen. Not only that, you won’t have to bake the tarts. Just put them in the fridge and allow the tarts to set. To make the tarts the size in the photo, you will need to buy these 5-inch removable bottom tart pans.
The Easiest Chocolate Tart Recipe
- Total Time: 2 hours 37 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 22 Oreos
- 3 tbsp. Butter, melted
- 12 oz. chocolate, chopped
- ¾ c. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Garnish: whipped cream, berries, mint
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Spray 4 5inch tart pans with removable bottoms and set aside.
- For the crust: Add the Oreos to a food processor and pulse until they are fine crumbs. While still pulsing, slowly add the melted butter. Add about ½ cup of oreo crust to each pan. Flour your fingers and press the Oreo crust into the bottom and along the sides of each pan. Bake for 7 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- For the tarts: Add the chopped chocolate to a medium mixing bowl. In a microwave safe measuring cup, add the heavy cream and heat for about 1- 1 ½ minutes. Don’t allow the cream to overflow, just steam. Pour over chocolate and allow to sit for about 1 minute. Use a rubber spatula to stir until chocolate is smooth.
- Pour the chocolate evenly in the cooled tart shells. Tap the shells to remove air bottoms and to ensure the tops are even. Place the tarts on a baking sheet and place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours. Garnish with whipped cream, berries, and mint.
- Prep Time: 2 hours 30 mins
- Cook Time: 7 mins
- Category: Dessert
Leave a Reply