Indulge in the perfect combination of tangy and sweet with our irresistible Ooey Gooey Lemon Bars with Blueberries. This easy-to-make dessert showcases the vibrant flavors of zesty lemons and juicy blueberries, all nestled within a soft and chewy cake mix base and lemony gooey filling.
Summer is the season for indulging in sweet, refreshing treats, and what better way to end a warm evening than with a mouth-watering dessert? Ooey Gooey Lemon Bars with Blueberries are the ultimate summer dessert everyone should add to their recipe box. This dessert is perfect for hosting a backyard barbecue or satisfying your sweet tooth.
This delightful dessert is the perfect crowd-pleaser. From its perfect combination of flavors to the easy-to-make recipe, we will show you why Ooey Gooey Lemon Bars with Blueberries should be your go-to summer dessert. So sit tight, grab a glass of cold lemonade, and prepare this incredible dessert.
The Perfect Combination of Flavors
One of the reasons why Ooey Gooey Lemon Bars with Blueberries are the ultimate summer dessert is the perfect combination of flavors. The lemon’s tartness and the blueberries’ sweetness create a delicious balance that will leave your taste buds dancing. These lemon squares’ soft and chewy texture perfectly complements the juicy burst of blueberries, making it a refreshing and satisfying dessert.
With an easy-to-make recipe that requires only a handful of ingredients, you can whip up a batch of these lemon bars with blueberries in no time.
An Easy-to-Make Recipe
You guys know I am known to make easy desserts. So, you might be wondering how to make this dessert for yourself. Luckily, the recipe is easy to follow and involves only a few ingredients. This recipe is similar to my Lemon Coconut Ooey Gooey Butter Bars, which is also similar to Paula Deen’s Gooey Butter Cake. You’re just going to add blueberries to this variation. Here are simplified steps below:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9×13 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix cake mix (you can use yellow cake mix or lemon cake mix), unsalted butter (at room temperature), and egg for the crust. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of your prepared baking dish and set aside.
- Prepare the filling by mixing cream cheese, eggs, vanilla extract, lemon juice, powdered sugar, fresh blueberries, and more butter in a large mixing bowl. Pour on top of the crust. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is set and lightly golden brown.
- Let the bars cool completely before slicing them into squares. Serve chilled with a dusting of powdered sugar or topped with whipped cream.
Doesn’t this sound like the ultimate summer dessert for your next gathering?
A Crowd-Pleasing Summer Dessert
Incorporating fresh blueberries into your baking repertoire is necessary for the summer season. Whether it’s in muffins, pies, or bars, adding this fruit will add an extra layer of flavor and a touch of freshness to any dessert. Trust me, your guests will be delighted to see this crowd-pleasing summer dessert at any gathering.
Commonly Asked Question
Yes, these dessert bars can be made ahead of time. Prepare and bake them in advance, let them cool completely, and store them appropriately. This way, you can save time and have a delightful dessert ready when needed.
Yes, you can freeze these bars for future enjoyment. Place them in a freezer-safe container or wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Thaw them in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
Yes, you can store them in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days. For longer storage, refrigerate them for up to a week. However, they are so delicious that they might not last that long!
If you like these butter bars, you will like the recipes below:
- Lemon Coconut Ooey Gooey Butter Bars
- Tart Lemon Squares
- Cherry Ooey Goey Butter Bars
- Oreo Chocolate Butter Bars
- Ooey Gooey Butter Cookies
Ooey Gooey Lemon Bars with Blueberries
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 16 1x
Indulge in the heavenly blend of Ooey Gooey Lemon Bars with Blueberries. Tangy lemon meets sweet blueberries in this irresistible dessert.
- 1 1lb. Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. fresh lemon juice
- 2 c. fresh blueberries
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- 3/4 c. flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray a 9X13 rectangular baking dish with baking spray, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour the cake mix, add the egg and the melted butter, and stir with a wooden spoon. Once well mixed, pat into the bottom of the 9X13 rectangular pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the cream cheese until smooth and add in the eggs one at a time, creaming into the cream cheese after adding into the bowl. Add the vanilla extract, lemon juice, powdered sugar, and melted butter. Fold in the blueberries. Pour the cream cheese mixture on top of the cake mix.
- For the topping, mix the brown and white sugar and stir in the butter. Add the flour to the mix and stir. The topping will become very crumbly. Turn to wax or parchment paper and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes so the crumbs can dry out a bit.
- Sprinkle the crumbs as the top layer of the filling ( didn’t use all the crumbs for my taste). Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until the middle is set and golden brown. Allow to cool and cut into squares and dust with powdered sugar.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gooey lemon blueberry bars, ooey gooey lemon bars, gooey butter bars recipe, ooey gooey butter bars recipe
Leave a Reply