It’s that time for ice cream ya’ll! This Salted Caramel and Roasted Almond Ice Cream does not require an ice cream machine maker. Just roasted almonds and salted caramel.
There are a few things that come to mind for me when I think of the summer time. Those things are:
- Ice Cream & Popsicles
All of those things bring me such joy and happiness. However, one of those things brings me much joy and happiness also brings me nausea and bloating. Of course, I am speaking of ice cream. I don’t want to ruin your appetite or desire to try this recipe or ice cream in general so I won’t go into detail about those symptoms that I just mentioned.
1. Ice Cream Sandwiches
2. Bomb Pop (red, white, and blue)
3. Strawberry Shortcake
If I was lucky and really saved my pennies, I would buy and eat all three as quickly as possible before my brothers would try to steal them. This always resorted in weekly brain freezes that I loved to hate. It was okay though, want to know why? Because they made me happy no matter how my day was going at the time. Ice cream was and has always been the icing on the cake of my life.
I am really guilty of this sometimes. Sometimes I get so consumed with how many calories I consume in a day where if I do eat something unhealthy, I immediately feel eaters remorse and think how many hours I need to add to my workouts so I can burn what I ate. Sometimes I get so consumed with wanting my bank account to reach a certain number that I would deny myself of experiencing certain things and even giving to the community. I am not promoting obesity and being foolish with money, but geesh, we all have to live a little and understand that we have access to resources and things to have fun and put ourselves in a child-like position to experience happiness.
How to make No-Churn Ice Cream
Making ice cream without an ice cream maker is not incredibly difficult to do. A common method to making no-churn ice cream is to combine the sweetened condensed milk with some fresh whipped cream and add your desired flavors. Finally, let freeze. I’m telling you it is super easy. Another method I have seen was to make a custard base, place in a freezer bag, and on top of ice cubes. I do think you have to check the bag every now and then and shake the bag, So its a bit more cumbersome.
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 11oz. jar Salted Caramel Sauce ( I used Smuckers brand)
- ¼ c. sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ c. salted roasted almonds
- Using a handheld or standing mixer, beat the whipping cream on high speed until stiff peaks begin to form. In a separate bowl pour in the salted caramel sauce and the sweetened condensed milk. Fold in the whipping cream with a rubber spatula. Do not stir, but fold until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Place the almonds in a food processor and pulse until the almonds are large chunks. Fold in the almonds until well blended. Pour mixture in a large tupper ware container and place in the freezer overnight.