This post was sponsored by Sunshine Sweet Corn as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Oh my goodness! Let me tell you about this Salted Caramel Corn Ice Cream Recipe!
This Salted Caramel Corn Ice Cream Recipe is pure genius and delicious! Thank you, Sunshine Sweet Corn for such an amazing gift!
Okay, so this isn’t my first rodeo with making an amazing dish using corn. Let’s see, I’ve made Grilled Pork Chops with a Corn and Tomato Salsa and I’ve made a Sweet Corn Cake with Hot Butter Glaze as well. Heck, I’ve even told you about my experience visiting a corn farm. So it’s no surprise that I would be sharing with you yet another recipe where sweet corn is the star of the show. Not only is sweet corn the star of the show but it is also in season, but only in the Sunshine State. Good new for those who don’t live in Florida, you don’t have to wait until the summer time to enjoy it. Sunshine State Sweet Corn is available at your local grocer now! If you are in the Cincinnati, OH area, you can buy the corn at Kroger. Anyway, let-me-tell-you-about-this-recipe!
We typically see corn grilled in its husk and sometimes sprinkled with all types of yummy things. We also see sweet corn made into salsas and salads. But let me ask you a question, how often do you see sweet corn made into ice cream! Yea, I got your attention now huh?! Sunshine State has several recipes on their site. I highly recommend you look at what they got. While I was browsing the site, I came across this recipe for Salted Caramel Corn Ice Cream and I was immediately intrigued. Corn Ice Cream? Say what? I had to try it! Let me tell yall something now, I think I fell in love. I seriously think I found a new fav ice cream flavor! It is that yummy! Who would’ve ever thought that sweet corn could be this god in the form of ice cream? Well, I definitely urge you to give it a shot. Did I mention it has real pieces of caramel corn inside? Uh huh. I thought that might help.
Thanks to Sunshine State Sweet Corn I might try to find other ways to join corn into my recipes. Particularly, sweet corn! An added bonus to using Sunshine State Sweet Corn is that it’s non-GMO, extra tender, and regulated for quality control. Also, it is an easy ingredient to integrate into your spring and summer meals. Don’t forget to check your local grocery stores to buy Sunshine State Sweet Corn today.
Recipe adapted from Sunshine Sweet State. Click here for the original recipe.
To learn more about Sunshine State Sweet Corn and other recipes, check them out on their websites!
Salted Caramel Corn Ice Cream Recipe
- Total Time: 8 hours 10 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
This Salted Caramel Corn Ice Cream Recipe is infused with the delicious and fresh sweet corn flavor and the added flavor of caramel corn!
- Caramel Corn Recipe:
- ½ c. unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 c. light brown sugar, packed
- ½ tbsp. Kosher salt
- ¼ c. light corn syrup
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- 4 c. popped corn
- Ice Cream Recipe:
- 2 c. half and half
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 ears Florida corn, shucked
- 2 c. caramel corn
- Caramel Corn Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit. Over medium heat bring the butter, brown sugar, salt and corn syrup to a boil. Continue boiling for 5 minutes. Place popcorn in a baking dish, set aside. Remove sugar mixture form the heat and stir in baking soda. Pour directly over the popcorn and stir to coat evenly. Bake from 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread popcorn on a non-stick baking pan and dry.
- Ice Cream Instructions:
- In a saucepan, combine half and half, heavy cream, sugar and shucked corn. Over medium-low heat simmer for 10 minutes until corn is cooked through and very tender. Place the mixture in a blender in small batches and blend until smooth then strain through a fine mesh strainer, cool. Place mixture in ice cream machine and follow instructions to freeze the ice cream until soft serve consistency, then fold in the caramel corn. Transfer to a freezable container and freeze overnight.
- Prep Time: 8 hours
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Desserts
Leave a Reply