If you love Drumstick and Ice Cream Sandwich, this Drumstick Ice Cream Sandwich Cake is the perfect marriage between the two!
Drumstick + Ice Cream Sandwich= Drumstick Ice Cream Sandwich Cake!
One of my favorite past times when I was a child was getting an ice cream treat from the ice cream truck when it would drive through my neighborhood during the summer. I would save my change and look for more in the couch, washer, and dryer so I can get one of the ice cream treats toward the bottom of the ice cream menu. Everyone knows the closer you get to the end of the ice cream list, the better your choices. It typically went something like this:
Ice Cream Sandwich
Something like that.
I’ve had all of the ice cream treats at this point in my life, but out of all of the treats that were on the list, the one I hated the most was the Twin Popsicles. Mostly because I would have to split it and share with one of my knuckleheaded younger brothers. Man, it sucked being the oldest. But now, I know how to make the ultimate ice cream treat and they don’t. I have come up with an awesome way to merge together, Ice Cream Sandwiches and Drumstick!
Yea little brothers! I don’t have to split this Ice Cream Sandwich Cake with y’all if I don’t want to!
This Drumstick Ice Cream Sandwich Cake is one of the easiest yet messiest recipes you will find on my blog. First, let me say you can make this Ice Cream Sandwich Cake in a couple of ways. You can make them using a small loaf cake pan, which I have listed below if you want to purchase. Or you can make this cake in a sheet pan, which might be easier and less messy if I am being honest.
I have seen other ice cream sandwich cakes that has layers of whipped topping such as Cool Whip or whipped cream, candy bars, peanut butter, and Oreo cookies. The great thing about this cake recipe is you can do whatever you want. You can add as many layers of stuff as much as you want! You can even add hot fudge sauce, chocolate chips, or Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups if you want to go for a chocolate and peanut butter combination. It is totally up to you!
I will say when you make this ice cream cake, you are going to need to act fast! Do not take out the vanilla ice cream until you are ready to begin layering. It is also important to note that I recommend using the ice cream that is in the square carton so all you have to do is cut the ice cream and layer accordingly. You can spread the ice cream on top of the ice cream sandwiches, but honestly, I think you’ll be making your life harder. Enjoy this Drumstick Ice Cream Sandwich Cake.
- 8 Ice Cream Sandwiches, unwrapped
- 1 ½ Gallon Vanilla Ice Cream (square carton)
- 7.25 oz Chocolate Magic Shell Sauce
- ½ c. nut topping
- ¼ c. toffee pieces
- Using a 10X4 Loaf Cake pan, cover the pan with a long piece of plastic wrap. You’re going to layer your cake on top of the plastic wrap. Lay 4 ice cream sandwiches side by side in the pan.
- Acting quickly, remove the cardboard paper from the vanilla ice cream. Cut the ice cream in even slices to fit on top of the ice cream sandwiches. Repeat layering having two layers of both ice cream sandwiches and ice cream. The top layer should be ice cream.
- Pour the chocolate shell sauce on top of the ice cream. Quickly sprinkle with nut topping and toffee pieces.
- Bring up the sides of the plastic wrap and wrap the cake carefully. You might want to place another piece of plastic wrap going the other direction to secure all sides. Place in the refrigerator for, at least 4 hours or overnight. You can also wrap in aluminum foil if necessary.
- Note: You can use a 9X13 pan but you may need an extra ½ gallon of ice cream. You will lay down 6 ice cream sandwiches instead of 4 and continue the recipe as instructed.You can also add a second layer of chocolate topping before adding the nut topping to the frozen cake if you want. I did to make sure everything was well coated. Also, you can just make sure your cake is foil covered or plastic covered if layering in the 9X13 pan.