This Dairy-Free Homemade Peach Ice Cream recipe is perfect for those sensitive to lactose without compromising the texture or flavor of ice cream. This Peach Ice Cream recipe is smooth, sweet, and full of plump and ripe peaches.
Okay, so it’s no mystery that your girl is lactose intolerant. Pretty bad, might I add. It is something that is getting worse and worse as I get older, so I noticed. When I was in my mid-twenties, I constantly got nauseous and had bad stomach cramps just about every time I ate something. I thought I had celiac disease, but come to find out, I am lactose intolerant, according to a doctor. He told me it would get worse as I got older, and he wasn’t lying.
I have started to make subtle changes in my diet that don’t include dairy products. I try not to eat cheesy casseroles or skillet dinners with many creams. Those are immediate stomach upsets. But it is hard to give up two things that I love, pieces of cheese and ice cream. I have figured out how to make dairy-free ice cream using coconut milk that tastes really delicious, creamy, and thick.
I should point out that I made this vegan ice cream recipe using full-fat coconut milk that comes in a can. I am not sure how this would come out using coconut milk in the refrigerated coolers. I don’t think enough fat will allow the milk to churn. Now for those worried about this ice cream tasting just like coconut, let me assure you it doesn’t. Don’t get me wrong; you can taste a difference, but, in my opinion, it doesn’t taste like coconut.
How to make Vegan Peach Ice Cream
I came across this ice cream technique on the Minimalist Baker blog. I love them! Their photography is perfect! Anyway, here are the steps I used to make this vegan peach ice cream:
- I put the two cans of canned coconut milk in the refrigerator to allow the milk to chill. This will also thicken the milk a little bit as well.
- I poured the coconut milk, some pure cane sugar, peaches, and pure vanilla extract into a blender and mixed for about two minutes. This is to help the sugar dissolve and evenly incorporate the peach flavor throughout the ice cream mixture.
- Once this step was completed, I poured the mixture into my ice cream machine, sat back, and waited for the magic to happen!
If you need an ice cream machine, you should try this one by Cuisinart. It’s very affordable and easy to use.
This recipe is a perfect base for making just about any dairy-free ice cream that you can imagine using coconut milk. I cut up some ripe peaches in this recipe and allowed them to sit in a bowl with some sugar for about an hour. This is process is called macerating. This process allows the fruit to release its natural juices that you can use to enhance the flavor of the fruit in your recipe. In this Dairy Free Homemade Peach Ice Cream recipe, I added the peaches and all of that released liquid to the ice cream mixture for a sweet peachy flavor. It was perfect.
One last thing, I will let you get to make this ice cream recipe. If you enjoy dairy ice cream but need a little coating on your stomach, I highly recommend using Lacto Joy. I discuss my experience with this product in my blog post on how to make Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.
Commonly Asked Questions
This recipe, yes. This is a recipe where I use full-fat coconut milk. I am not sure how the recipe would work if you use almond milk or soy milk, but using coconut milk works perfectly.
Yes. Although no-churn ice cream recipe options exist, this recipe requires an ice cream machine.
If you like this simple peach ice cream recipe, you will like the ice cream recipes below:
- Simple Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Salted Caramel Corn Ice Cream
- Salted Caramel & Roasted Almond Ice Cream
- Homemade Butter Pecan Ice Cream
Items you’ll need for the recipePrint
Dairy Free Homemade Peach Ice Cream
- Total Time: 6 hours
- Yield: 6–8 servings 1x
- Diet: Vegan
Enjoy this Dairy Free Homemade Peach Ice Cream made with coconut cream (milk), pure raw cane sugar, and fresh peaches.
- 2–14 oz. Cans of full-fat coconut milk (coconut cream)
- 1/2 c. pure raw cane sugar + 2 tbsp., divided)
- 1/2 tbsp. Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- 4 large ripe peaches, skinned and diced
- Following the manufacturer’s instructions of your ice cream maker, place the ice cream bowl in the freezer overnight or for at least 6 hours before using.
- Place your diced peaches in a bowl and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of pure cane sugar over the peach slices. Allow to sit for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Pour the coconut cream (milk), vanilla extract, and cinnamon, and pour in all the peach juice and ¼ cup of diced peaches in a food processor or blender. Blend for 2 minutes. Pour the ice cream mixture into your ice cream maker along with the rest of the peaches and allow to churn until it turns into soft serve ice cream, about 10 minutes.
- Pour into a freezer-safe container or a loaf pan lined with plastic wrap. Smooth the top and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the freezer for 4-6 hours before serving.
- Prep Time: 6 hours
- Category: Ice Cream
- Method: Freeze
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peach ice cream, vegan peach ice cream, non-dairy peach ice cream, homemade simple peach ice cream
Leave a Reply