This Dairy-Free Homemade Peach Ice Cream recipe is perfect for those who are sensitive to lactose without compromising the texture or flavor of ice cream. This Peach Ice Cream recipe is smooth, sweet, and full of plump and ripe peaches.
Okay, so it’s no mystery that you girl is lactose intolerant. Pretty bad might I add. It is something that is getting worse and worse as I get older, so I noticed. When I was in my mid-twenties I was constantly getting nauseous and really bad stomach cramps just about every time I would eat something. I thought I had celiac disease, but come to find out, I am lactose intolerant according to a doctor. He did tell me that it would get worse as I get older and he wasn’t lying.
How to make this Dairy Free Homemade Peach Ice Cream
I came across this ice cream technique on the Minimalist Baker blog. I love them! Their photography is perfect! Anyway, I put the two cans of coconut milk in the refrigerator to allow the milk to chill. This will also thicken the milk a little bit as well. I poured the coconut milk along with some pure cane sugar, my peaches, and vanilla extract into a blender and mix for about two minutes. This is to help the sugar dissolves and evenly incorporate the peach flavor throughout the ice cream mixture. Once this step is complete, I pour the mixture into my ice cream machine and sit back and wait for the magic to happen! If you are need of an ice cream machine, you should definitely try this one by Cuisinart. It’s very affordable and easy to use.
Ice Cream Containers
Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker
- 2-14 oz. Cans of full-fat coconut milk (coconut cream)
- ½ c. pure raw cane sugar + 2 tbsp., divided)
- ½ tbsp. Vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. Cinnamon
- 4 large ripe peaches, skinned and diced
- Following the manufacturer's instructions of your ice cream maker, place the ice cream bowl in the freezer overnight or for at least 6 hours before using.
- Place your diced peaches in a bowl and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of pure cane sugar. Allow to sit for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Pour the coconut cream (milk), vanilla extract, cinnamon, pour in all of the peach juice and ¼ cup of diced peaches. Blend for 2 minutes. Pour into your ice cream maker along with the rest of the peaches and allow to churn until it turns into soft serve ice cream, about 10 minutes.
- Pour into a freezer safe container or a loaf pan lined with plastic wrap. Smooth the top and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the freezer for 4-6 hours before serving.