Dear Girl Scouts,
Thank you for publishing this terrific idea of “Smore’s” and making it huge hit with the rest of the world. I know that it is still a mystery exactly where this idea came from, but as of now, you are getting all the credibility. Enjoy it. Relish in it. Smore’s in it. Anyway, I use to be a Girl Scout when I was younger. Yep, I was a brownie (and I don’t mean because of my skin color…HA!). I was one of the girls that stayed after school to play with the other girls and make macaroni necklaces, horrible self-portraits, and learned proper dinner etiquette. I also was in a drill team you sponsored called “Buckeye Trial Hi-Steppers”. Oh yea, those were the good ole days.
Thanks to you, my days have gotten better thanks to this wonderful concoction of graham crackers, chocolate, and melted marshmallow. You know GS, I don’t really like marshmallows. I only like them melted and somehow, you knew that the world would appreciate marshmallows more if you just melt them on top of chocolate. You were right! You are beyond a genius GS, you are, what I will now call, “The Oracle of Campfire Goodies”.
Thank you Girl Scouts of America for sharing with this great country, hopeful campers, and sugar addicts everywhere a wonderful thing called “Smore’s”. You have given us a wonderful template to use to create different types of Smore’s. But let the record show, for as long as I will blog, you, Girl Scouts of America, are the originators (until it can be proven otherwise) who has created the prototype of all things…Smore’s.
Nicole AKA Cupcake
P.S. Isn’t it funny how I was a Brownie and I now took your idea of Smore’s and used brownies instead? LMBO!!!! Don’t you think that is funny!
Idea adapted from Target “So Camp” publication
- 6 brownie bites
- 2 graham crackers
- 6 cake pop sticks
- ½ c. marshmallow cream
- Freeze brownie bites for 1 hour before coating with the marshmallow cream.
- Crush crackers; place in sandwich bag, seal, then roll with a rolling-pin or something heavy to crush the graham crackers and place in a small bowl.
- Poke sticks into brownies to create pops.
- Place marshmallow cream in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for about 10 seconds.
- Dip frozen brownie in marshmallow cream, turning to coat. Roll in the crushed crackers. Roll in crushed crackers. Place in a heavy glass until ready to serve. Repeat process with the remaining brownie bites.