I have my crazy imagination to thank me for this ooey gooey goodness that you are looking drooling over.
Yes, I am a city girl. I am not a huge fan of bugs, critters, or most thing of nature. But here is where things get really contradictory, I love nature. I know that face you are making and, to be honest, I am making that same face as I am typing. I love the beauty of nature, the smell, the sounds, and the wholeness I feel when my bare feet is connected to Mother Earth. It is very nurturing. I just can’t get around the bugs and weird animals that nature has to offer. “What does all of that have to do with these delicious brownies, Nicole?” Well, if you give me a second I’ll tell you.
My favorite summer snack are Smore’s. I love everything about them. I love the melty chocolate, the “gooeyness” of the melted marshamallow, and the crunch of the graham cracker. It is one of those heaven-sent combinations that makes me happy. When I think about Smore’s, I think about nature and being at the lake, making a bond fire, making Smore’s, and telling great stories. That is the best part of my summer. WITH THAT BEING SAID…..I mentioned to Raheim that I want to try…wait for it…camping this year. The idea of me actually wanting to try camping (that is so-not-my-personality) is proof that as you get older, you want different experiences in life. But there is something exciting about being in Earth’s comfort, no technology, sleeping outside, and just being one with nature is suddenly attractive to me.
I can see it now: Me, Raheim, and our two dogs out in the wilderness of a secured campground site; not knowing how to pinch a tent or start a fire; the dogs running around excited and acting crazy because of the smells of the world; chasing squirrels and whatever else is out there; me running after them and Raheim is running after me. After only 2 hours of us being out there, we decide to check into the nearest hotel and take long walks in the campsite so we can feel as though we have truly connected. That will be our experience of nature. Hey, as long as there are Smore’s, I’m cool.
- FOR THE BROWNIES:
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- 10 ounces, weight Semi-sweet Chocolate, Chopped
- 1-½ cup Sugar
- 4 whole Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cups Flour
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- 13 oz. jar marshmallow fluff
- 7-8 square graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- In a square 9X9 pan, spray the edges with baking spray and layer the bottom with large pieces of the graham cracker squares. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter then add the chocolate. Stir the chocolate with a rubber spatula until blended well. Remove from heat, set aside and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugar and the eggs, adding eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla extract, flour, and salt. Then add the chocolate mixture and beat with a handheld mixer until well blended. Pour the batter into a 9X9 square pan over the graham crackers and then bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the brownies to cool.
- Once the brownies have cooled, spread the marshmallow fluff evenly on top of the brownies. Turn your oven on broil and place the brownies on the top shelf of the oven leaving the oven slightly open. Keep in the oven for 3-5 minutes. You don't want the marshmallow to burn so DO NOT WALK AWAY. Remove once golden brown and toasted and serve as desired.