You have the best of both worlds in this Easy Buttercream Brownies Recipe.
Enjoy this delicious Easy Buttercream Brownies recipe that gives you the best of both worlds in one bite.
Originally published on July 4, 2012:
So here is Day 3 of “Cake Batter and Buttercream Week” and boy o boy are you going to love me for this Easy Buttercream Brownies Recipe!
Brownies are one of my favorite sweet treats and I love me some buttercream frosting on just about anything. So why not combine them?! I must admit, these Buttercream Brownies are dense, chocolatey, and absolutely delicious. They are everything you want in a brownie and with the taste of buttercream frosting. However, they are a touch sweet, which is perfect if you like sweet desserts.
Although most of you are enjoying this week’s sweet treat ideas, my co-workers are not. They are loving and hating me all at the same time. I have brought them in a Vanilla Cake with Cake Batter and Buttercream Frosting from Day 1, White Chocolate Chip and Cake Batter Cookies from Day 2, and now these Easy Buttercream Brownies for Day 3! But behold co-workers that are reading this, I have found a place for these brownies to go and you do not have to worry about indulging in these brown buttercream squares of deliciousness. They have a different destination. I am going to torture my old co-workers. “MUAAHHHHH”, as I laugh diabolically.
I can be so mean, but they love it!
If you want to torture someone and give them a great opportunity to gain weight and develop diabetes, I recommend making these. After working out an extra day, eating healthy the rest of the week, and doing a 3-day detox, they will lose weight and lower their sugar in no time. Everybody wins!
Wow! It is crazy for me to go back and read some of my older blog posts. The first thing I typically end up thinking is how much of a blogging amateur I was at the time. I mean, I had no clue how to write a blog a post, how to refine my food photography skills, or even have the resources to make my blog successful. Over the past, nearly six years, I have come a long way. I have written and published a book, I have worked with several brands, I’ve gotten married, had a kid, and a bunch of other stuff! Can you believe how much can happen within 6 years? I’ll tell you one thing, although it has been a while since I posted this Easy Buttercream Brownies Recipe, they have never been that far from my taste buds.
Buttercream is the angel’s gift to cakes.
I absolutely love anything with buttercream. But, not just any buttercream frosting. I am very picky about my buttercream. It has to taste buttery, of course, and sweet but not overly sweet. The buttercream has to be the perfect marriage between sweet and buttery in order for me to love it. There is one place that makes the best buttercream icing here locally. In fact, it is where I get my birthday cake every year and my wedding cake and that place is called the Taste of Elegance. Anyways, I think the buttercream on these brownies is a close runner-up.
The moral of this blog post is if you are looking for a different way to spruce up your brownies and you are a lover of buttercream as well, this Easy Buttercream Brownies Recipe is perfect for you! You don’t have to use all of the buttercream frostings for this brownie recipe that the recipe makes if you prefer a thinner layer of frosting. It is whatever you want to do! Either way, you are going to love this brownie recipe and wonder why you didn’t think of this yourself!Print
Easy Buttercream Brownies Recipe
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 9 1x
This Easy Buttercream Brownie recipe is the perfect answer for brownie and cake lovers. These brownies are perfectly made and topped with delicious buttercream frosting.
- FOR THE BROWNIES:
- ½ cups Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature
- 10 ounces, weight Semi-sweet Chocolate, Chopped
- 1–½ cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cups Flour
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- ¼ cups Hot Fudge Sauce, More For Drizzle
- FOR THE BUTTERCREAM:
- 1–½ stick Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- ⅛ cups Rainbow Sprinkles (optional)
- For the brownies: Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Using a double boiler or small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. After the butter has melted, quickly add the chocolate and take the pan off the heat.
Use a spoon and stir until completely melted and allow to cool to room temperature. Next, use a separate bowl to beat the sugar and eggs, adding eggs one at a time.Add the vanilla, flour, and salt. Finally, pour in the melted chocolate mixture and the hot fudge sauce and beat until well incorporated.
- Prepare an 8X8 square cake pan by layering the pan with parchment paper and spraying the parchment paper with baking spray or butter. Pour the brownie mixture into the pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Using a toothpick, stick the brownies in the middle to determine if they are done.
- After the brownies are finished baking remove them from the oven and allow them to cool at room temperature.
Next, place them in the refrigerator to be chilled.Chill for 1 hour.
- For the buttercream: In a medium bowl, beat the butter and begin to add the powdered sugar. The frosting will become slightly thick with big crumbs. Add the salt, vanilla extract and milk.
- After the brownies are chilled, take the buttercream frosting and frost the top of the brownies using all of the buttercreams. To garnish the brownies, drizzle with chocolate fudge and/or sprinkle with sprinkles.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Dessert
Leave a Reply