Adding peanut butter cups to fudgy brownies is every chocolate and peanut butter lover’s dream. The rich and chocolatey brownies are topped with chocolate peanut butter ganache, chopped peanut butter cups, and toffee bits.
I think it is only natural that I love peanut butter cups the way I do. When my mom was pregnant, she craved bananas and peanut butter cups. She loved them so much that she would combine them to make a sandwich! Weird, huh?
So when you are browsing my blog and come across recipes like Peanut Butter and Brownie Cheese Cake, Peanut Butter Pie, and Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies, that is my innate love of all things peanut butter and chocolate. Now, I am adding new peanut butter and chocolate recipe to the mix, which consists of adding Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups to a batch of brownies.
Ingredients for these Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
I always try to keep things simple regarding baked goods, and the ingredients for this brownie recipe couldn’t be simpler.
- Boxed brownie mix
- Vegetable Oil
- Chocolate Chips
- Heavy Cream
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Chopped Peanut Butter Cups
- Toffee Chips
See! Most of these ingredients you probably already have in your home.
How to make these brownies
Putting this recipe together is also simple.
Step 1: Prepare the brownies according to the box’s instructions, including the required measured amounts, and bake.
Step 2: Letting the brownies bake allows them to cool. Make the chocolate ganache by combining chocolate and hot, heavy cream. Add some creamy peanut butter to the ganache, and once it cools and thickens
Step 3: Spread the ganache on top of the brownies and sprinkle with the chopped peanut butter cups and toffee.
See how easy that is?!
Commonly Asked Questions
Yes! You can use a preferred brownie recipe if you like and then top off the brownies as the recipe instructs.
You can keep these peanut butter brownies fresh by placing them in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
If you like dessert recipes like this Peanut Butter Cup Brownies, you will like the recipes below.
- Peanut Butter and Brownie Cheesecake
- Flutternutter Balls
- Flutternutter Brownies
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Mousse Cake
- Peanut Butter Cup Martini
Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 12 1x
These Peanut Butter Cup Brownies are quick and easy and can be made with a box brownie mix and topped with chopped peanut butter candy.
- 1 Brownie Box Mix (including required ingredients water, oils, and eggs)
- 1 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 2 heaping tbsp. Creamy peanut butter
- 2 c. Peanut Butter Cups, chopped
- 1/2 c. toffee chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees. Spray an 8X11 baking dish with baking spray, line with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the brownie mix and the required ingredient amount (water, eggs, oil). Once the brownie mix has been prepared, Pour the brownie batter into the prepped baking dish for 20-25 minutes. Allow the brownies to cool.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, add the chocolate chips. Add the heavy cream to a microwave-safe bowl and heat in the microwave until steaming. Pour over the chocolate chips and stir until the chocolate has dissolved and is smooth.
- Stir in the creamy peanut butter and stir until creamy. Set aside and allow to cool and thicken to frosting consistency. Spread on top of the brownies. Sprinkle the chopped peanut butter cups and toffee bits on top. Cut into squares and serve.
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut butter cup brownies, reese cup brownies, reese peanut butter cup brownies recipe, peanut butter cup brownies baked perfection
Leave a Reply