This Peanut Butter Pie is as easy as Peanut Butter Pie!
This Peanut Butter Pie is delicious and has a Brownie Crust that you will love!
I think I told you guys the story before of what my mom craved when she was pregnant with me. In fact, I think I did when I made the Peanut Butter and Banana Panini. Anyway, while my mom was pregnant with me this woman craved nothing but Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and bananas. In fact, she told me she would take two pieces of bread, spread peanut butter on both slices, add slices of bananas and peanut butter cups and go to town. In some ways that seems like it would be good, but in large part (to me) that sounds absolutely disgusting. Well, I guess it is true what they say about a kid’s taste buds based upon the cravings of the mom. You haven’t heard that old wives’ tale? They say that a kid grows to like what the mom craves while she is pregnant. Let me just say if my kid grows to like the things I craved while I was pregnant, I am going to have one malnourished kid. I feel for the little guy.
I can believe that old wives’ tale to some degree because, let me tell ya, I love me anything chocolate and peanut butter as a combination. It is one of my kryptonite’s in life and I love it! Now, there are some peanut butter and chocolate desserts that can be a bit much to be honest. Although I see some of those desserts at restaurants or bakeries, I still just have to go for it. Hey, “when in Rome”, right? I lose the battle almost every time. Like now, as I am typing this blog post, it is hard for me to not stop what I am doing, go in the kitchen, and eat a peanut butter cup now. It is pretty bad. You know what I have started saying? If I want something bad enough, it must be the baby. There must be something in whatever I am craving that the baby wants. So I must have it. I know that is horrible, but what is even more horrible is that I actually have conditioned myself to somewhat believe that.
There are so many great things in this Peanut Butter Pie that your body must have. Let’s see there is a flavor, sugar, deliciousness, peanut butter cups, Oreo topping, and a brownie crust. Yes, there is so many amazing things in this Peanut Butter Pie that you must have in your life. After one bite, your body will feel as energetic and wonderful as it has ever felt in your life. Probably from the sugar, but who cares! You only live once. This Peanut Butter Pie is fast and super easy to put together. I am telling you, you cannot mess up this recipe. Go ahead and give it a shot!
- 1 Box Brownie Mix (including the contents: egg, water, and oil)
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 8 oz. whipped topping
- 1 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1 ½ c. chopped peanut butter cups
- 1 c. crushed chocolate cream cookies
- 2 tbsp. chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the instructions on the box. Bake for 23-25 minutes. Allow to completely cool. Once cool, take pieces of the brownie and press into a pie dish in the bottom and along the sides of the dish. Once complete, place crust in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or longer.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and peanut butter and mix until well mixed and creamy. Fold in the whipped topping with a rubber spatula until well mixed. Finally, fold in the peanut butter cups. Pour the peanut butter mixture into the pie dish with the brownie crust and spread evenly. Sprinkle the crushed chocolate cookies on top and drizzle the chocolate syrup on top. Place in the refrigerator for, at least, 4 hours and serve as desired.