Bourbon Salted Caramel Frosted Brownies gives you the booze with your sweets!
These Bourbon Salted Caramel Frosted Brownies have a delicious boozy and caramel topping you won’t be able to resist!
I am a Vodka person and I rarely drink, but I’ve been dying to get my hand on some Bourbon lately. Not because I am going through alcohol withdrawal, but because Bourbon is so awesome to cook and bake stuff with. Personally, I don’t really see how people can drink the stuff. It tastes like liquid gasoline. Gross! Not even with a splash of coke. It’s just nasty. But I think Bourbon pairs well with burnt sugar and chocolate. By burnt sugar, I mean caramel of course. Bourbon has a lot of deep flavor notes that are amazing when paired with fruit and sugar. I put Bourbon in just about every dessert I make. Its like my vanilla extract.
Anyway, when I tasted the final product of my brownies, I thought, “Hmmm, you can taste the bourbon, but it’s almost like it belongs there.” It felt necessary. You know what I mean? My mind is racing with stuff to make with this bourbon. I have in mind a Bourbon Pecan Butter. Doesn’t that sound awesome?! I really need to get back to that idea and see what I can do with that idea. In fact, I should have a Bourbon flavor week where I make amazing recipes where Bourbon is the center of the show.
I think these are perfect for sports men. Ya know, men who like sports. I feel that anything with liquor or beer in it men would like. They really would have liked it if I would have topped them off with candied bacon ( I just might have to try that). But these are awesome. Men and women alike will love these rich, decadent, and chocolaty brownies.
OH! Heck naw I’m not ashamed of making something from a box. Sometimes you don’t have that kind of time and you need something quick and easy. You should never feel ashamed if you have to resort to a box anything. It’s how you re-purpose the dish and what you add to it is what makes it special.
- 2- 19 oz. Boxes Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ c. water
- ⅔ c. oil
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- ½ c. salted caramel sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 2 tbsp. Bourbon
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and spray or grease a rectangular dish in the measurements of 9X13
- Pour the contents of the brownies in a large bowl. Add the eggs, water, and oil and stir using a rubber spatula until all ingredients are well mixed and most of the lumps are smoothed out. Pour in the prepared dish and bake for 20-23 minutes. One finished allow to completely cool.
- To prepare frosting, beat together the cream cheese and butter until well blended. Add the vanilla extract and salt; blend in the powdered sugar. The mixture will appear very thick. Now add the salted caramel and bourbon. Mix until well mixed. The frosting should be silky and smooth. Use a spreading knife and spread evenly across the cooled brownies. Allow to sit for 20-30 minutes so the icing can set and serve.