My family loves these Chargrilled Chicken Wings. I hope you do too!
Summer is almost here and it’s time to break out the grill. Let’s start with these Chargrilled Chicken Wings, shall we?
I am not trying to brag or anything, but my family thinks I make some of the most amazing food. To be fair to myself, I think my food is good, but I don’t think it’s great. I’m hard on myself, this I know, but my family treats my dishes like it belongs on a 5-star restaurant somewhere. I am content with a local “mom and pop” joint. Whenever we have a family gathering, you wouldn’t believe the requests I get.
“Nicole, can you make your Fruit Pizza.”
“Nicole, can you make your Collard Greens.”
“Nicole, can you make Fried Chicken.”
“Nicole, can you make your Pepsi Chocolate Cake.”
I mean it never ends! Here is the thing, I have a blog! Meaning, the recipes are available to everyone! They can make these dishes themselves! I guess I shouldn’t complain. It is kind of nice being associated with being the one in the family who can cook. I guess there are worse things. I think the reason my family depends on me to bring something delicious to our family functions is because I am the only one with the energy to put into making delicious dishes. My mom has completely given up on food. I mean, she has lost all energy and love that is required to put into a decent dish; my aunt live in Georgia; and…that’s it. Those are the last of the Mohicans who can cook in my family. I guess it is time for the upcoming generation to take our rightful place in our “family-dom” and create new memories and traditions for our children to share and experience with one another. I guess my place is with food.
Let me tell you something about these Chargrilled Chicken Wings, they are really nothing that significant aside from the amount of seasoning I use. When I cook any kind of white meat, I season the hell out of my food. Not salt them to death, season. There is a difference. With well-seasoned chicken and perfect grilling time, I guess it is kind of hard to not love these Chargrilled Chicken Wings. Here is the key, you have to make sure you watch your flame on the grill It won’t take that long for your wings to cook. Maybe, 10 minutes, depending on your flame. Have the ranch dressing sitting aside because everyone is going to be ready to dip these babies.
These Chargrilled Chicken Wings have amazing seasoning and flavor, they are easy enough for the novice griller, and the flavor that comes off that grill does nothing but enhance the flavors that are already there. You can make these Chargrilled Chicken Wings as spicy or use a much or fewer seasonings as you want. This is my take on good flavor for when chicken hits the grill and ultimately the dinner table. I hope this gets you started with a season of grilling flavor!
Chargrilled Chicken Wings
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Yield: 32 1x
These Chargrilled Chicken Wings are delicious and flavorful. The best chicken wings to start the grilling season. Just add lots of seasoning and flavors and enjoy!
- 4 lb. Chicken Winglets
- 1 ½ tbsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. Coarse black pepper
- ½ tbsp. Seasoned Salt
- 1 ½ tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 ½ tsp. Onion powder
- 1 ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Chilli powder
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- 1 tsp. Oregano leaves
- ½ lemon
- 1 ½ tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp. Liquid Smoke
- In a large bowl, add the chicken. Begin to add the seasonings to the chicken (salt, pepper, seasoned salt, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, Italian seasoning, Thyme, oregano leaves, squeeze the lemon, Worcestershire Sauce, and liquid smoke. Use tongs or cover hands with disposable gloves and toss chicken in seasonings. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for, at least, 30 minutes.
- Prepare your grill as desired. However, place most of the charcoal more heavily on one side of the bottom of the grill. Proceed to start fire according to manufacturer instructions. Cover half of the grill with aluminum foil. Once it’s safe, place the grill on top of the coals.
- Place the wings, with tongs, on the coal-heavy side of the grill. Flip the chicken wings after 5 minutes on each side. Place the chicken on the aluminum foil side to finish cooking. Remove from heat once chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165. Remove from heat and cover with aluminum foil until ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Entree
Leave a Reply